Annoying Computer Help Topic #74

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Annoying Computer Help Topic #74
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #0
Normally I'd ask a friend on AIM about computer problems rather than bothering this forum about it, but, well, that won't work this time for reasons which will become obvious.

I'm using an eMac running OS X 10.3.9. Every time I open an AIM client, within minutes it freezes up my computer entirely, requiring a hard reboot. (Sometimes the mouse pointer is still movable, but the computer is unresponsive to all input.) I've tried three different IM clients and they all show the same behaviour; the first time I start them, they work fine for as long as I keep them open, but the second and subsequent times I use the same client, they consistently crash.

Could my AIM profile be corrupt? If so, does anyone know if there's a way to fix it without losing my contact list?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
Well, you could see if the problem is with your computer or with your profile by testing it out. If you can log in reliably as an account other than your main account, the problem would seem to rest with your account. If you can log into your account reliably from another computer, the problem would be with your computer.

Anyway, if you've got the ability to get it working even once on any computer, you should be able to save your buddy list to a file - or at the very least, write all of the names on it down on paper and load them into a different account by hand.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Good idea on the new account thing. I tried setting one up and logging in through it and, well, it hasn't crashed so far.

So if anyone needs to contact me on AIM, it looks like, for now at least, my new screenname is FaustusD.

EDIT: Scratch that, now it's crashing on my new account as well.

[ Saturday, August 19, 2006 22:39: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!