Tachyon:The Fringe

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Tachyon:The Fringe
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
Has this game been released as abandonware or does Novalogic still sell it? I've checked their site and there's absolutetly no information on this game, almost like it was never even made.

...or did another company help make it and still sell it?

[ Saturday, May 20, 2006 13:15: Message edited by: Shuan Wuan ]

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
It is officially "out of stock", although it's available on Amazon.com (for relatively exorbitant prices) and on Ebay for less.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
Abandonware isn't released. Abandonware is just what it sounds like: software that the company pretty much ignores now. So while Tachyon: the Fringe hasn't been made freeware or open source, it's probably abandoned.

—Alorael, who would like to know what makes this relevant on Spiderweb boards.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
This is the general boards, although not directly relevant, neither are the various surveys or political discussions.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Anyway, based on the results of my search, it seems to be more or less abandonware, since the company seems to have no interest in selling it and Amazon.com doesn't list any retailers who have new copies in stock. However, since I couldn't find anyone who put it up for free download (which would be of debatable legality anyway), I linked to places where you could manage to buy it, which at least answers your question of "How the heck do I get this game?".
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #5
What's Tachyon about? A tachyon is a theoretical particle that goes faster than the speed of light, so is it about a future where people use tachyon-fueled engines to get around the galaxy?

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #6
Tachyon:The Fringe is basically a Descent:Freespace style game ,except you have to buy your ships and weapons and you choose which missions to do.

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
Bye topic.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00