Infested Chronicles OOC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Infested Chronicles OOC Thread
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #0
Prometheus
Trademark
Member # 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Spiritoftherain:
And the long-lived tribes of the Vahnatai, creator of all three races,

Pardon me?

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ

Posts: 6148 | From the Void | Registered: Sep 2001 | IP: Logged |

saunders
La Canaliste
Member # 5563

Spirit adheres to Vahnatai creationist theory, TM.
Or else the three races are egg-and spoon, three-legged and sack race in the Alternative Olympics.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!

Arancaytar
A Very Important Date
Member # 2984

This Vahnatai Creationism is complete rubbish, but so is the so-called "evolution" theory. I, for my part, adhere to Intelligent Design by a cooperation between hyper-intelligent carrots, Rakshasi, and Illithids. :nods:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik

Posts: 4748 | From vertiginous chasms comes creeping the crawling Chaos | Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged |

The_Nazgul
Adept
Member # 2940

It's the GIFTS I tell you, It's the GIFTS!!!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."

Posts: 424 | From Lincoln, England. | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged |

Thin Air
Apprentice
Member # 6401

Evolution is indeed rubbish. Hyper-intelligent carrots sounds at least plausible, though I still support the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, CFSM

EDIT: sppeling

[ January 13, 2006, 04:04 AM: Message edited by: Thin Air ]

Thralni, Nephil translators & co.
Veteran
Member # 5977

This is an RP, not a discussion about creationism theories. Now I said that, i'd like to say that it's maybe better to wait until the other RP is finished. it's moving rather fast at the moment.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me [And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods].

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!

Posts: 1436 | From The Netherlands, leiden | Registered: Jun 2005 | IP: Logged |

Arancaytar
A Very Important Date
Member # 2984

quote:
Originally written by Thralni, Nephil translators & co.:
This is an RP, not a discussion about creationism theories. Now I said that, i'd like to say that it's maybe better to wait until the other RP is finished. it's moving rather fast at the moment.

In theory, it is also better to wait until the next RP is finished, as I said before.

Nonetheless, it'll probably go ahead. We'll find a solution - if necessary, we can run both at the same time; General has cooled down past the point where several roleplays at once would have caused havoc.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik

Posts: 4748 | From vertiginous chasms comes creeping the crawling Chaos | Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn! | Registered: May 2003 | IP: Logged |

Wise Man
Guru
Member # 1046

Well, we could end up with one moderately active RP, or two dead ones. :\

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Posts: 3198 | From Toronto | Registered: Apr 2002 | IP: Logged |

Jumpin' Salmon
½ Man, ½ Amazing
Member # 5755

Much better to bring some closure to the entire vahanatia theory. With everything laid out in the topical post, this looks like an excellent place.

On that note, it is obvious that Jeff intended these creatures to be roughly equivilent to aliens from another planet. In Jeffworld terms, that means interdimensional of undeterminent origin. Kinda like the efreti and rakhasa. All this other who-hah only serves to distract the masses from the true question.

If Jeff despises elves, why does he have dryads in his games?

*this message sponsored by the white spelling institute - gaining power with every correction*
Posts: 863 | From below Bonneville | Registered: Apr 2005 | IP: Logged |

Arancaytar
A Very Important Date
Member # 2984

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:
...vahanatia theory.

Vah. Na. Tai. People, Living, Crystal.

Anyway, I suppose you do have a point. We definitely got a great chunk of history cleared up when we acted out the Civil War two years ago - and even if we need to postpone doing the same for the Anama, perhaps we can develop the Vahnatai instead?

--------------------

Jumpin' Salmon
½ Man, ½ Amazing
Member # 5755

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:
The white spelling institute thanks you for your donation

Posts: 863 | From below Bonneville | Registered: Apr 2005 | IP: Logged |

Gantim
Blademaster
Member # 335

I don't think Jeff intended for the vahnatai to be anything except another humanoid race in Avernum. For the record, he expressed positive thoughts at Drakey's theories.

—Alorael, who believes wholeheartedly and nomindedly in the Invisible Pink Unicorn.
Posts: 10497 | From ashes to ashes | Skribbane is wonderful! | Registered: Dec 2001 | IP: Logged |

Spiritoftherain
Apprentice
Member # 6678

Yeah, I went ahead with this before reading Arancaytar's post. -_-;

"Never mind."

--------------------
Formerly EatAChinchilla...

Posts: 5 | From Victoria B.C., Canada | Registered: Jan 2006 | IP: Logged |

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 21:09: Message edited by: Imban ]
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
Keep all the non-RP jibber-jabber here, please? Further RPs are advised to also have OOC threads.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I protest. This RP was well and truly hijacked from the word go.

—Alorael, who wishes once again that UBB had a decent way to split threads, move posts, and so on.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #3
That was most of the thread.

quote:
I protest. This RP was well and truly hijacked from the word go.

Not quite. It was only after go that the thread was hijacked.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Spring:
quote:
Alorael:

Is this the number forty-nine, sixty-seven, fifty-five?
No, this is four-nine-six-seven-five-five.
FYT. :P

But, yep, good idea Imban.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.