Welcome Everyone!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Welcome Everyone!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #0
Yes. Welcome.

Actually, the main purpose of this thread was to inquire what the first ever SW UBB thread was. Something like this?

*wishes he was there for it*

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #1
Probably a test one. Unless you mean when it was opened to the public.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
I wasn't around for it, but they weren't purged when I arrived and I looked. Mostly it was along the lines of the lucky few who got in before the rush being silly with frist prosts and such. And some officious discussion of matters of import.

—Alorael, who would say that the first thread of real import was Nephils vs. Sliths, which was a legend in its time. That's something that should have been archived for posterity.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
Major disappointment.

I read the topic and thought Ben was going to have an open house for all his fora buddies. Kinda like a slumber party.

*this message sponsored by comedy central*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #4
Was the Slith vs. Nephil thread really that long ago? I remember posting in it, insisting that the Nephilim were bound to win since they had giants on their side, which nobody seemed to believe.
Now that I think of it, I've been a very passive member of this community for a very long time now. Funny that my profile hasn't been deleted, with my current posting rate of one post per six months.
Nobody remembers me of course.

As to the original question, my guess would be that it was either something like "Man, Spiderwebs (insert name of game) rocks!!!" or possibly a quesion about the game. Indeed, it could also had been just plain spam, which was the case at the "thehalorpg.com" community, in which I was the seventh member.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
The oldest thread that remains undeleted is thread number 1 under Announcements, the first version of the Code of Conduct. Posted by Drakey a week after the forums were set up.

It might not be the first one, but it probably has its place among the top five.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Januarist Revolutionary:

—Alorael, who would say that the first thread of real import was Nephils vs. Sliths, which was a legend in its time. That's something that should have been archived for posterity.

WaybackMachine has most of it archived:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020215211627/www.ironycentral .com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000046

As for the first topic, the first one I remember went something like this:
"Cool! I found this place on my own before you opened it to public."
"Me too."
"Me three."
"Me four."
"Me five."
"This is getting rediculous. It's time to make a public anouncement."
(*A couple hundred people come in.*)
"Yay, new boards!"

[ Friday, January 13, 2006 09:06: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #7
Hmmm. Interesting. Too bad we couldn't just have had unlimited forum webspace from the get-go.

--------------------
-ben4808