Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND IX

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Movie Trivia Challenge: ROUND IX
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
The game is played as follows: two actors are given and must be connected through appearances in television shows or movies. The object is to connect the two actors with the fewest connections possible. Please READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING, KEY RULES HAVE BEEN PUT IN BOLD!

ROUND VIII

Richard Pryor to Don Adams

Set point value = 10

Some rules:

1) You may only post a connection of an actor to a movie/TV show already established in the list. For instance, you may say "Tom Hanks in Forrest Gump" only if either Tom Hanks or Forrest Gump have been previously mentioned.

2) Posts should be in the form of: "actor" in "movie/television show" format. Do NOT do "actor X to actor Y in movie A". This keeps the game so others can participate.

3a) You may only post ONE connection every three hours. After posting your connection, you must wait for three hours unless the connection has been established.

3b) You may NOT double post. This is to prevent people from getting too far ahead as is the case now.

3c) You may NOT edit your posts once they are made.

4) Once the actors are connected, you may post a list of all the connections regardless of any previous rules. The next round will begin in ~24 hours (at the discretion of the administrator) after the original connection is established.

5) During the ~24 hour period after the original chain, a shorter connection may try to be established. Should one be established, the one who establishes it (and any others who may help) will receive half points for each link they provided. All those who participated in the original chain will still receive full points. If participation is good, 3 points will be awarded for each unused connection.

6) You may only use movie appearances or TV show appearances. The exception are TV shows which regularly have guest appearances as part of the show (Saturday Night Live, Jay Leno, etc.). However, a guest appearance on, say, M*A*S*H* would be acceptable.

7) You may NOT use cartoon voices, directing/production roles. The actor must have actually appeared in the movie to be valid.

8) You may NOT use IMDB or any other refererence/database to assist you. There is no way to enforce this, but let's keep the game honest.

Points are awarded for each person having a piece of the shortest connection. The number of points awarded are given in each round.

The winner and possibly runners up will be granted a custom title. Even if you do not know a lot of movies, feel free to post what you know.

For reference:

Round I
Round II
Round III
Round IV
Round V
Round VI
Round VII
Round VIII

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #1
We'll see how this works...two recently deceased comedians.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #2
Richard Pryor in "See No Evil, Hear No Evil".
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #3
Richard Pryor in Silver Streak

--------------------
George Bush is a Nazi - Eric Cartmen

I'm not as think you stoned I am
Visit the RIFQ Forums
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #4
Don Adams in Get Smart.

--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
*bump*

--------------------