yet another music topic by me

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: yet another music topic by me
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #0
theres a game i love called command and conquer red alert for pc it has an awesome soundtrack and i was wondering if you can legally download the songs and where ....alls i have found is remixes that sound horrible

wouldnt be asking but my current computer is too new to run win 98 and thats the newest operating system red alert will run in

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 12:29: Message edited by: The Force Is Strong In This One ]

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
There are very few games with soundtracks that are freely available. The Command and Conquer series is not among them to the best of my knowledge.

—Alorael, who bases this on limited knowledge and less research.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #2
You can buy the album here.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #3
Wouldn't the files be either on disk or installed to your computer anyway?
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #4
[QUOTE] [Wouldn't the files be either on disk or installed to your computer anyway? [QUOTE]

they are installed in a .mix format and ive yet to find a program that can open and play it if you do let me know

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 15:04: Message edited by: The Force Is Strong In This One ]

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #5
Try RAMixer and see if it works.
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #6
thanks for trying but ramixer doesnt work maybe i could just buy the cd or email the people that made it

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #7
Get/borrow an AV output/input jack.

Plug both input and output leads into your PC creating a loop. Load your C&C map of choice in multiplayer or pause, and start recording.

Stupid cheap ways to get around things. <3

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #8
Try eJay, it uses .mix for its music. However, I am not sure it is the same file-format. Music from games are usually made in a special coding format to avoid pirate-copying.

Oh, and downloading and remixing old songs is in fact illegal, people just do not care about the copyright of old abandonware. I mean, why would anybody fine me for having a pirate-copy of an over 20 years old game, for example? The copyright lasts in 75 years after the death of the copyright owner and 90 years after he made it, if he is still alive.

A software is called abandonware if it is:
-At least 4 years old.
-The company does not support it anymore.

Whether you want to safely break copyright laws or not is your decision. No one will hardly care about it, anyway.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #9
That's not actually a very good definition of abandonware.

Anyway, as the actual definition of abandonware is more of a moral issue than a legal issue, it can be someone nebulous and I'll leave it to someone with a better knowledge of the concepts involved to explain it.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE