*Also* in November 2005

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: *Also* in November 2005
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #25
I wonder how a writer could be controlled not to start writing before November 1st.
It is no such control, am I right? You could theoretically send in a novel you have written already?

--------------------
^ö^ vegetarians are sexy.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #26
Well, yes. There are no prizes or anything, so there's no point abusing the honour system.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #27
Okay, so I got somewhat over 3000 words in my story, before I figured out it wasn't working. It's not that I was writing it in English, but I just hadn't planned enough. I don't know my characters and they've been hiding stuff from me. I won't have any "oh, by the way, I'm married to this guy, and you got their names and roles mixed up, anyway" things anymore. I want to know these things before I start writing, and that's at least a week's warning, not some hours.

Also, it has not felt good in any kind of way. So I got 3000 words? And if I got 50,000 of the same? Please no! Tell me I didn't do it! There would be no satisfaction in producing mass quantities of complete and utter garbage. It wouldn't even be worth editing. I don't know where it's going, what's happening and why anything!

So I stopped. I'm starting another story, which I'll damn well write in Finnish. It's already a page long (although only little over 400 words), and it's better than I managed on the first day. I've spent maybe 20 minutes on it, when 600 words of the English crap took the whole day. At least this story I know better. Feel more confident with. Love the characters. I've been dying to get this thing written down.

Just a bit of an update. Everyone else, focus, but feel good! :\

EDIT: What's up with their damn site? It keeps giving me session_confirmation blank pages. All I wanted to do was to change the number of words in the bar and edit the excerpt.. .. and maybe.. you know.. waste just a *bit* of time...

[ Thursday, November 03, 2005 02:02: Message edited by: Pien' Kiusanhenki ]

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?

Pages