General Moderator Election Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: General Moderator Election Poll
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Mister Mooben:

Obviously, some candidates, especially those who will be flattered to recieve only one vote feel that other people are more qualified for the position.

Heck, I would be flattered to not recive ANY votes.

I might end up voting for myself. I'm not sure.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #26
Is it just me or does there need to be an arbitrator? Maybe a Dungeon Master?

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 02:24: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #27
Given that this is taking place under Drakey's sufferance and the appointment of a moderator is subject to him accepting the results, I'd say we already have one.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #28
Well, it's not that hard to only vote for yourself, like I said, only if you think you are the best choice for moderator. Obviously some people now think that other people are more worthy for the position that they themselves.

But I think think it's a good idea anyway with the rounds and all. The first round, anyone can vote for anyway, including yourself. There should be enough non-candidate voters so separate out the weeds from the grass (no offense, of course there anyone). Then in the second round those who still survive will be able to, if they want, submit their vote for another candidate. However, they should not be forced to vote for another candidate, so in that case they have the option of not voting at all. But no voting for yourself in the second round.

Maybe we should distinguish between who makes it to the second round by letting in everyone who recieves at least 5 votes in the first round. Or something to that effect.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #29
If I am not mistaken it has been said that the top three will go on to the second round.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 17:02: Message edited by: Dolphin. ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
I've yet to make up my mind, but I'm considering giving one ceremonial vote to myself, then splitting the rest up among a few others.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #31
But since when were you granted several votes? :)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #32
Why are certain people running if they aren't going to vote for themselves? Don't bother at all.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

But since when were you granted several votes? :)
Since everyone read the rules except you, ben.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #34
You get a number of votes equal to the total number of candidates, Ben.

—Alorael, who hasn't counted them yet. You can do it on your own time, and hopefully get it right. No chads, eh?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages