A Picture is Worth...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A Picture is Worth...
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #25
You don't think you can gather even the slightest bit of information from a picture? I'm not saying you learn their life story, but you can certainly see their general mood.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #26
I've heard from various sources that it is possible to learn if a person is lying or telling the truth based solely on observing the face (ie. no sounds, just the picture). Likewise, the style a person affects does indeed offer some insight into the personality. That is generally why people dress in certain ways or adopt certain postures. When I first saw the Despres picture I thought "loner that is not trying to fit in with society."
And no matter what the character of a person affecting that look, if I met them by surprise I would immediately be looking at escape paths and ways to defend myself. I see that affected look as antagonistic and aggressive.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #27
You can form a first impression, it's just that you're a moron if you expect things always to be as you assume without any other evidence. People are rather more complicated than that.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #28
The picture is clearly not totally symmetrical: I was just trying to analyse why I found it disturbing.
There is a correspondence between some facial features and some medical syndromes, the most obvious of which is Down's syndrome. This may underly our propensity to read facial types for psychologigal types.

--------------------
I am a pale shadow of the previous self.
quote:

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #29
Well there's no question that he is disturbed some way or another. Maybe just because someone was taking a picture of him.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ

Pages