How do I use polls?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How do I use polls?
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #0
I want to post a poll but don't get how it works. Could someone post a whold describtion on how it works?

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Okay, here goes.

1) Click the New Poll button. (I really hope you got that far on your own.)

2) Type in a title and description for the poll. The title will appear in the same places that the title of an ordinary thread does, while the description will appear within the body of the thread above the buttons to open the poll or see the results.

3) Decide how many questions your poll will have. Select the "Single Question" or "Multiple Questions" options appropriately.

4) If you want to make a time-limited poll, or make it possible for members to see the poll results without voting, click the checkbox next to "Advanced Options".

5) Click the "Continue" button.

6) Type in the names of the questions you want to ask in the poll (these will appear above their corresponding sets of poll options).

7) Use the "Number of Choices" option to set the number of options for each question (for example, if the possible answers to a question were "Yes", "No" and "I don't know", you'd enter the number 3).

8) Use the "Choice Selection Type" options to set the maximum number of those options for each question that you want the voter to be able to select. (For example, in the above example, you'd use the "Users may choose only one (radio buttons)" option, because all three options were mutually exclusive).

9) Click the "Continue" button.

10) Enter the poll options (eg. "Yes", "No" and "I don't know" for each question).

11) Click the "Continue" button.

If you checked "Advanced Options" in step 4, then you can do a number of things on the following screen.

12) Click the "Enable Start Time" checkbox, and select a date and time, to prevent users from voting until a particular date and time.

13) Click the "Enable Stop Time" checkbox, and select a date and time, to prevent users from voting after a particular date and time.

14) Click the "Do not permit users to view poll results until the stop time has elapsed" checkbox if you want to prevent users from seeing the results of the poll until after voting has closed.

15) Click the "Force users to vote before viewing results" checkbox if you want to prevent users from seeing the results of the poll until they've voted in it.

16) Click the "Continue" button. I didn't proceed past this step for fear of inadvertently posting a poll, but I assume there would only be one or two more simple steps after this before the poll was posted.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

0) Decide what you want to ask, check that it makes sense, that it has not been asked more an ten times this month already, and that the answers are chosen in a way to allow a realistic spread. Lastly, ask yourself why you want to know, and if it has any use.

1) Click the New Poll button. (I really hope you got that far on your own.)[...]

Slight addition.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #3
Alternatively, you may find this version more useful: Run, do not walk, to the mains. Pull the cables out, turning your computer off. Take the computer out into a clear area and lay about it with a sledgehammer until it resembles a fine white paste. Gather this together into a bag. Stick this bag inside a sack. Stick this sack inside a bin. Stick this bin inside 10 metres of lead shielding. Arrange to have this dropped in the Marianas Trench. Avoid electricity in all its forms for the rest of your life.

Remember kids, if you can't walk and chew gum, posting polls is not for you.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
lol
Computers are a very important part of a Spiderwebber's life. Second only to their account.

Me, well, I happened to find polls rather self-explanatory. :/

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ