Ferion

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Ferion
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #0
Hey i'm just wondering if any of you have ever played Ferion (multiplayer online game, here's a link in case you've never heard of it). Anyway if u haven't its a great game and u should try it.

[ Thursday, June 02, 2005 07:14: Message edited by: aliklik ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
I notice that ferion has a referral system that compensates active players if new people come in and sign up. Is that why you didn't post the simple www.ferion.com?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1546
Profile Homepage #2
I wasnt sure whether free games counted as in infringement of the rules. But while this topic is up...

http://www.veraxin.net/revelation

its a text-based MUD that runs on its own client. It has a map, so its not entirely text based, although gameplay/viewing runs pretty much like a normal MUD. Starting help at http://www.veraxin.net/revelation/game_help.html

/end shameless advert.

--------------------
A Sucaran Child is standing here.
You say, "hello"
The small child looks at Preserver Aldous wide-eyed and awed.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #3
I like freeciv and xu4 (Ultima IV) myself.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by aliklik:

Hey i'm just wondering if any of you have ever played Ferion (multiplayer online game, here's a link in case you've never heard of it). Anyway if u haven't its a great game and u should try it.
I stay well clear from games with referral links. If they are so bad they have to give benefits to their players in order to make them promote it, then it doesn't strike me as worth playing...

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #5
Ride on, although there are benefits of telling cool people about games. You can share the fun.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

I notice that ferion has a referral system that compensates active players if new people come in and sign up. Is that why you didn't post the simple www.ferion.com?
Well yes, that would be the reason
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
It might have been humane if you mentioned that aspect of the game or link. As it is, I feel a great saddening in the force. According to the game instructions, you could just pay a handfull of euros to play it. Isn't that better than trying to play us for suckers?
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #8
Well in my case it would be a hanfull of dollars...
But i wasn't trying to play you for suckers. All I said its a good game that i personally enjoy. I gave you a link to it. True i'd get referal points if u signed up through my link. But who does that harm? If i just posted the regular link no one would really gain anything. I posted the referal link so i would gain points, but its not as though anyone loses out.

Also as far as what Arancaytar said, im ust say i disagree. In the arena i'm playing in right now (there are several arenas that go on at once, each lasts about 1-2 months) there are 600+ players, and thats just one arena (not to mention that this specific arena doesn't allow veteran players).
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #9
It's "A Fistful of Dollars"
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #10
how do u figure?
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #11
Movie reference.

http://www.clinteastwood.net/welcome2.html
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #12
Oh
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #13
"oh"

I send you a link to one of the greatest movies of all time and that is all you can say?

This is not just a western, it is a genre changing icon creating movies whos reach went beyond the fabled silver screen.

It launched the career of Clint Eastwood, who as a director and movie star scaled the very heights of both critical and commercial success, as well as enterign the political arean (on and off screen).

And Sergio, can more be said about the fabled director? His use of the soundtrack, understated dialogue, and complex characterizations - I mean he not only breathed new life into a dying genre (OK it is practically dead again) but he also changed the fabic of movies outside the genre.

seeing is believing - highly recommended viewing here.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #14
I personally hate referenced links. Anytime I see the suffix of /?x=23890524, I will either not click on it or will type the direct root link into my browser. No offense meant, but I've made that my policy.

I might have been more charitable if instead you had explained the ?p= part of the link out in the open. It never hurts to explain exactly what you are doing, and it avoids these annoying questions.

That said, good luck with your game, it looks fun for a person into that type of game.

:)
Warrior
Member # 5362
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by the fatman:

[b]"oh"
I send you a link to one of the greatest movies of all time and that is all you can say?
[QB]
I meant oh as in,"oh thats what you were refering to". Sorry if i offended your favorite movie or w/e

quote:
Originally written by Smoked Salmon:

[QB]I personally hate referenced links. Anytime I see the suffix of /?x=23890524, I will either not click on it or will type the direct root link into my browser. No offense meant, but I've made that my policy.

I might have been more charitable if instead you had explained the ?p= part of the link out in the open. It never hurts to explain exactly what you are doing, and it avoids these annoying questions.

That said, good luck with your game, it looks fun for a person into that type of game.

:) [/b]
I also don't usually click links with suffixes like that, so i guess i can't blame you, and yea i probably should have explainedit more...