SpiderWeb Glitch II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: SpiderWeb Glitch II
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #0
How come sometimes when you look at someones post count it would say how many times they have posted at that time, but if you look a day later, it would show a different number?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
Because it reflects UBB's best attempt at showing their current post count.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
No worries.

^Spam, I know.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

No worries.

^Spam, I know.

:confused: wha ???????

EDIT: i never noticed anything wrong i look at my recent posts and nothings missing. But i would like it if they would show more than fifty

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 12:47: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Generally, if you post in one forum, like BoE, and then go post a bunch in a different forum, such as General, and then go back to BoE, you post count will still reflect what it was when you left BoE. Post again and it will bring your count back up to date. Or just click on your name in any one of your posts. It will tell you exactly how many posts you (or anyone else) has at the moment, even if it is different than the printed value.

Usually, your printed post count will refresh overnight. I don't know how exactly how it works; it's weird.

Hawk King, there's a reason why they call it "Recent posts." :P

[ Monday, May 16, 2005 15:43: Message edited by: N00BEN ]

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by N00BEN:

Hawk King, there's a reason why they call it "Recent posts." :P
i knew that what i meant was i never noticed anything wrong

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Hawk king, do you honestly not know what Spring is talking about? It's not your recent posts, it's your post count. That little thing under each of your posts.

The reason is that UBB doesn't update your post count on that thread until after someone posts in it again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Hawk king, do you honestly not know what Spring is talking about? It's not your recent posts, it's your post count. That little thing under each of your posts.

The reason is that UBB doesn't update your post count on that thread until after someone posts in it again.

yes i did get it it just never bothered me before sure i notice it now that someone mentions it but before it just never hit me all that hard

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 08:42: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #8
Uh, I have a problem: my computer tells me that my member profile is corrupt(blank)and gives a digit 0005. What the heck does this mean?

And if you wonder why I post here, well, it's because I can't get to tech support to start a new topic. (When I try it always gives the message described above)

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
That's not YOUR member profile that's corrupt, that's member number 5's profile. Basically, the problem is that MM exploded and there are bits of him all over the forums, making them unreadable.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #10
Poor MM.

Hawk, there is no need to quote some-ones post if you are posting after them. We can understand who you are talking about. Even if you aren't after them, you don't need to quote the whole thing.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

Hawk, there is no need to quote some-ones post if you are posting after them. We can understand who you are talking about. Even if you aren't after them, you don't need to quote the whole thing.
It's a habit some people have. I picked it up in a very fast-paced forum where, if you didn't write a single word post, chances were someone else had posted by the time you were finished.

I don't do it much now. This was on purpose. :P

--

Back on topic: I've noticed not only my displayed name and postcount updating randomly (usually I can get it to update by posting in a thread, or even by editing a post): On occasion, I would log on at another computer, change the name a couple of times, return to the computer where I was still logged in a few days later, and it would still show the old name. That is, the name from several days ago, when I last logged in on that computer. My guess is the displayed name is stored in a cookie or something, becuase it updated as soon as I logged out and back in again.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
yesterday I couldn't log on because my member profile was corrupt or something. I thought my account would be gone but I guess not.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

yesterday I couldn't log on because my member profile was corrupt or something. I thought my account would be gone but I guess not.
See above. It wasn't yours, it was Member #00000005. As indicated by the presence of the number '00000005' in the error message.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #14
Yes I have relised that now. Thanks.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.