NBA playoffs anyone?!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: NBA playoffs anyone?!
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #0
anybody here watching the playoffs!?

i know its kind of late to make this thread seeing how there are only two more rounds left....

i need to up my post count anyway...

me im a miami boy, so im going for the heat.

--------------------
finally, a superhero we can trust...
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #1
Indeed! Steve Nash is freaking amazing, yet Ginobili and Duncan seem to be too much for him. We'll see what happens when Joe Johnson gets back, though. Detroit-Miami is, let's face, boring. Wade takes two dribbles, gets mobbed, passes it out, then it goes to Shaq, and the same thing happens, until someone decides to throw up a brick. Defense may win championships, but I wouldn't know, because I fall asleep in the second quarter. I would have liked to see T-Mac go further, because he is most definitely not boring.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #2
I wish I could watch the playoffs, but we only get one channel at my house, and that's NBC. They used to cover the "NBA on NBC," but not anymore, or at least not on my station. :(

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #3
I went to round one, game seven of Dallas/Houston. Talk about a show. I'm still mad that the Mavs basically handed Phoenix the 6th game. That was their game to win, and they chumped it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #4
Well, Phoenix is doing the same thing in San Antonio now, I mean, they were leading going into the fourth quarter in each of the first two games. This trend better halt now, because I won't make it through the first quarter in a Detroit-San Antonio series (yes I will, but it'll be boring).
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
Yeah, that too. We have no professoinal sports teams in Montana. Not even one. In fact, the closest are as far away as Porland, Seattle, Denver, Salt Lake, and Minneapolis. We're kind of out in out own little world.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #6
Hmm.. makes me feel blessed living in Dallas. What state has the most professional teams?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #7
Probably California. Let's see: Lakers, Kings, Dodgers, Angels, Athletics, 49ers, Raiders, Mighty Ducks (although they may or may not be playing in the near future). That's quite a few, although New York's got a hefty number, too.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
There's 5 baseball teams alone in California. Let's see, the Dodgers, Angels, Athletics, Giants, and Padres. Right. A lot more other teams, too. It wins by a long shot.

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #9
What's Texas have...

Spurs, Rockets, Mavs, Astros, Rangers, Cowboys, Texans, Stars... any I'm missing?
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by PoD person:

Indeed! Steve Nash is freaking amazing, yet Ginobili and Duncan seem to be too much for him. We'll see what happens when Joe Johnson gets back, though.
Nash has been incredible, at first i was mad that he got MVP over Shaq but after seeing the Dallas & Spurs series i see why.

i wont sleep on Steve Nash anymore.

it looks live the Suns Spurs series will be over soon tho...

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #11
Dwyane Wade is the man...

--------------------
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #12
I'm not a big NBA fan, but I like to see my Michigan teams do well.
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #13
Nash is nuts. I wish he would have played like that on the Mavericks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #14
Heh. You can't run the pick-and-roll when your only decent seven-footer thinks it's o.k. to play small forward and jack threes. If the Mavericks had an Amare Stoudemire, Nash would have been just as good for them. Point guards are just better when they have a big man or two to slam it home (see Jason Kidd after getting Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson).

[ Friday, May 27, 2005 02:56: Message edited by: PoD person ]
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #15
See Kings vs Mavericks, Round 1, last year. Nash absolutely sucked. It wouldn't have made a difference if there was an Amare or not.
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Mystery Man:

Nash is nuts. I wish he would have played like that on the Mavericks.
the thing is he didnt have to play out of his mind when he was with the mavs..he had Dirk/Finley & crew...

with the Suns lack of experience he HAS to score 30 and get 10+ assist to keep the suns in the game...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #17
Don't underestimate how much difference it makes having someone who can do something on the pick-and-roll. Amare sets good, strong screens and then gets himself open right away. They play a great two-man game in the half court, especially because either one can kick it out once the defence starts focusing on the pick-and-roll. Of course, that's only a factor if Quentin Richardson can actually make a shot. I will concede, though, that he never was this good on the fast break in Dallas. I'll say this again: point guards need finishers, not just jump shooters. The mavericks were all jump shooters back then.
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #18
i cant wait for the game today...seems like forever since i seen a game!!

*calls David Stern to complain*

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
I'm a Bulls man first and foremost, but with their early exit I've been rooting for the Pistons since. They play the game the way it's meant to be played, with hard-nosed defense and rebounding emphasized over pretty moves and run-and-gunning. I want to see them repeat as champions, and I believe they'll manage it.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #20
Eww. Pistons. I rooted for them to beat the Lakers, but can you imagine Pistons-Spurs? I imagine games with a combined score below 100. Blech. I'd much rather see Wade in the finals. Now, the Suns, that's how basketball is meant to be played: passing, dunks, threes, and little floaters in the lane from Nash (and no defense). Too bad San Antonio just went up 3-0 on them. At least Ginobili and Parker are fun to watch sometimes.
Warrior
Member # 5823
Profile #21
Bye bye Phoenix.
Apprentice
Member # 313
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Mystery Man:

Bye bye Phoenix.
they really cant play defense at all...

--------------------