Anybody here speak script? (cross-post)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Anybody here speak script? (cross-post)
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #0
If anyone here is knowledgable in script and calculations I request your attention over at the Lyceum.

Thank you.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

tracihedlund@charter.net[/url]
TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
"Script" referring to what language exactly? Or is there a programming language with that name?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #2
I don't know what the language is called. I say script because the program can make and perform scripts along with these calculations.

IMAGE(http://www.geocities.com/tracihedlund/calculations.GIF)

This is what I have to work with. Fields on the left and functions on the right. Problem is I have no idea what all the functions do so I don't know which ones to use for my calculation.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
Well, I suppose the first thing to do is read the documentation, as soon as you have a month or two to spare.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #4
It didn't come with any documentation... :mad:

As far as I can tell you can't get the documentation unless you go in for training, which (as stated at the Lyceum) costs lots of money. Basic training can be had for $250 but I'm pretty sure that doesn't cover complex calcluations(Plus, that's still a lot). The official FileMakerPro website says that the book and CD used during training can be purchased in advance for $99 but makes no mention as to how to make said purchase. My guess is that the 'in advance' part means that you have to register for the class first and probably pay for the class in case you decide not to show up.

Anyway, that's where I'm at and why I need help. If these functions are unique to the program I'll just have to figure them out, but if they're universal somebody must know how to help me.

--------------------

Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #5
You need to learn C++ or something. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Gizmo:

It didn't come with any documentation... :mad:

As far as I can tell you can't get the documentation unless you go in for training, which (as stated at the Lyceum) costs lots of money. Basic training can be had for $250 but I'm pretty sure that doesn't cover complex calcluations(Plus, that's still a lot). The official FileMakerPro website says that the book and CD used during training can be purchased in advance for $99 but makes no mention as to how to make said purchase. My guess is that the 'in advance' part means that you have to register for the class first and probably pay for the class in case you decide not to show up.

Initial thoughts: Whatever company made this program appears to be royally screwing over its customers.

Isn't there a better way of building a database just with PHP, Javascript and a little spit?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore'...:

Initial thoughts: Whatever company made this program appears to be royally screwing over its customers.

Isn't there a better way of building a database just with PHP, Javascript and a little spit?

I have to recind my earlier comment, I found the documentation in the help file, I just hadn't looked hard enough. It's still hard to know where to start but at least I don't have nothing.

There probably is an easier way but when I first thought about making a BoE graphics database Brett said he'd help by giving me all of The Lourve's data as a template but that I needed FileMaker to open it so this is the program I bought and what I have to work with. Coming with no background knowledge of database building I'd have to learn a language no matter what, but I'm pretty quick on the uptake so once I figure out what does what I'll be good to go. I did find a book on Amazon called "Sam's How to Learn FileMaker Pro 7 in 24 Hours" Only $16.95 plus shipping, maybe I'll look for it in the library first.

--------------------