Goal or Rushed Behind?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Goal or Rushed Behind?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #25
Well, it does depend on the position you play. As a midfielder, you do need to be very fit. As a full forward, you can usually get by with less fitness (though you still need it), as long as you're a strong man.

Just saw the Hawthorn/Brisbane match. How was that for an upset? I'm glad to see the Hawks picking themselves up again.

And man, those Abo boys like Miller are something else.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #26
Yea. In my main position in the midfield area, you do need a lot of fitness, but I'm glad I have that. Our full-forward is not what you call fit, but he is still one of our best players.

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Just saw the Hawthorn/Brisbane match. How was that for an upset? I'm glad to see the Hawks picking themselves up again.
Yea, 45 points. Its already been dubbed the 'upset of the season'. I take it you are a Hawks supporter?

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #27
I'm actually a fan of footy itself more than any one team. This is cool, because I can cheer no matter who's winning. ;)

This isn't quite true. I do prefer some teams over others. My favourites would be Hawthorn, Brisbane, Adelaide and St Kilda. But I could still get excited when Sydney came out of nowhere to snatch victory from the Lions at the (very!) last second.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #28
Hehe. Close matches are the best.

I've noticed this has become a one on one chat between us two now, quite different from most other topics, which usually have 10 different people posting.

BTW Ash, your tip for the Essendon V Geelong match? Essendon by 25 is my guess.

Edit: We lost. :( :( :( By 56 points. :( :( :( :( :(

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 14:05: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Sprung Spring:

We lost. By 56 points.
Don't worry. If you cloned me a few times, and had a team of me's, you'd lose by about four hundred points.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #30
I expected Geelong to win, but not to dismantle the bombers that thoroughly... They kicked something like 70-80 points in the last quarter and a half to the bombers' two goals - and one of those can only be described as a pity gift from the umpire.

There just aren't all that many people who are really into AFL here. Give it time, maybe others will join in.

Stew Boy, we get it, you can't play. :P What's wrong with watching it, though?

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Give it time, maybe others will join in.
We will have to keep the topic alive for a while then.

Who was expecting the Carlton/Port Adelaide draw? I know I was'nt. Unbeleivable. Still, Port are on the bottom of the ladder, so I'm not complaining :D .

Ash, how did you get your custom title? You have only been here for a couple of months.

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 16:46: Message edited by: Sprung Spring ]

--------------------

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
He's an old member with a new account.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #33
Actually, he's more of an old member who bifurcated. His title split with him.

—Alorael, believes it would be more fair to give one half the BoE and the other half the posse. They can work it out between them.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages