Million Dollar Baby

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Million Dollar Baby
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
TWO typos in ONE post, by Al o' Real?

What is the world coming to?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
I'm slipping into my dotage.

—Alorael, who would rather not be called Alorae. On the other hand, it beats Aloreal. Not by much, true, but it does.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #27
I think Alo will suffice. I also get the whole 'ae' 'ea' thing wrong in the name 'Michael' or however you spell it.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #28
Michael is the usual spelling, but I know of people who spell their name Micheal.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #29
Yes. Lucky I don't know any-one called Micheal. If I did, I would call them Mick.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #30
i've never actually met any Michaels that would spell their own name wrong. :/

oh, and it's Alooloolal... i just call Alorael Ally though, so it doesn't matter.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
i've never actually met any Michaels that would spell their own name wrong. :/
The spelling "Micheal" isn't wrong as such -- it seems to be an Irish regional variant spelling.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #32
At least it doesn't get confused with Manuel like Miguel does all the time.

ST: I'm glad to see there's another human being (besides a critic or two, and a friend or two) who thought SKatWoT was brilliant.

Alorael, Aran, and any other non-film seeing person: I see enough movies for about a thousand of you since I see any piece of crap that comes out. You ain't missing much, if anything. A good year, like 1999, is an exception (as in great). Last year was also an exception (as in sucky chop sooey!). I think an average year has about 5 or so fine films, some good ones, a dozen or so decent ones and the rest from mediocre to "I'd rather sit in a plaza while a horde of pidgeon drop their wast on me."
(I'm so bad I went to see "Killing me Softly" (never mind)last week even though I knew I was going to hate it because it was the only one out I hadn't seen. And that's regardless of whether I have or not a social life. I've got celluloid in me blood, so if a Vampire bites me he starts moving 24 frames a second. The bad thing is only fire can really kill him, and even then not completely. Good thing there ain't no such thing as vampires. Right?)

Constantine the movie is not Hellblazer the comic.

(roughly 75 days left. why can't i fast forward life, get to the point i want to be and then pause it for a while before i rewind to the point i used to be. doggone it.)

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 16:17: Message edited by: Betamax sales collapsed. ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 4278
Profile Homepage #33
luckily, as long as said vampyre was moving a minimum of 16 frames per second, we probably wouldn't notice. Am I right, vampyres in the hizzie, or am I right?

EDIT: Oh and if said vampyre was made of safety film as opposed to nitrate film, then he would be significantly more difficult to kill with fire.

[ Friday, March 04, 2005 19:46: Message edited by: The Ripper ]

--------------------
Pathological Jerk
Jerking at Spiderweb since 1999
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #34
Yah, Ripper. Yer right. Maybe napalm would take care of him, or greek fire, but. . . darn. It might be the end of the world as he turned people into more nepharius vampires like him. And that's without considering the possibility that he might evolve into a digital vampire. Then it would really suck.

[ Saturday, March 05, 2005 21:50: Message edited by: Betamax sales collapsed. ]

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)

Pages