Question on Geneforge Creatures

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question on Geneforge Creatures
Apprentice
Member # 5241
Profile #0
If someone could answer this with a minimum of spoilers, I would appreciate it. I am working on the demo version of Geneforge and will likely order the full version shortly. I don't get how creature leveling works. I have two fyora who were level 8 and became level 9. However, their str, dex, etc. stayed at 8 instead of going up to 9 after level up (unless I spend essence to artificially increase). If I up my fire shaping by 1 and summon a new fyora, he is more powerful than the ones that leveled up "naturally." The manual says that when a creature levels up, its "health, spell energy and basic statistics improve." This doesn't appear to be the case. Please explain. Thanks for the help.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #1
Well, that's because when you made your original fyoras, they weren't made with the improved fire shaping. Sadly enough, when you increase your traits, it doesn't increase the traits of your creations. Bummer, isn't it. :( I kind of forgot how the game works since I haven't played it in awhile, but each creation has skill points to spend when leveling up, and they gain health and sp. However, if you create a new creature, it doesn't gain previously gained exp in the game. Hope that helps. :)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Apprentice
Member # 5241
Profile #2
I follow what you mean, i.e., I understand that my old creatures won't take account of my higher level in fire shaping. Still, when they themselves gain levels due to experience point gain, I thought their stats would all go up by one. That is what the manual suggests. That does not appear be what is happening, though. Only their health and spell energy increase; their other stats don't increase. Thanks.
BANNED
Member # 5219
Profile #3
Sorry if I'm wrong, since I dont currently have Geneforge on this computer and haven't played it in awhile, as i mentioned before, but I believe their stats all go up by one because of the skill points they gain. Hope that helps. :)

--------------------
You can take my Windows XP when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
Basically, it's usually better to absorb and recreate all your creations every time your level or shaping skill increases, at least in Geneforge 1. Geneforge 2 rebalances the creation level-building system a little.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
*sweeps this off to Geneforge*