Voice conferencing software while running game..?

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Voice conferencing software while running game..?
Apprentice
Member # 5147
Profile #0
hey guys...
i make to make conference while playing game . if anyone know then plz inform me about some software which supports voice conferencing with good quality sound and don't decrease system performance.
thanks
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #1
IMAGE(http://www.polarisboard.org/board/uploads/post-12-1099105400.jpg)

[ Sunday, October 31, 2004 06:44: Message edited by: Wisemanism: the Religion ]

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Apprentice
Member # 5149
Profile #2
hmm... there r many... umay try with Roger Wilco .. or........behind the proxy u can try ........www.dingotel.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #3
Ventrilo is rather useful. Great when playing Counter Strike and the like.

EDIT: Wiseman's picture is also the url to Vent.

[ Sunday, October 31, 2004 08:10: Message edited by: Tommy ]

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Apprentice
Member # 5147
Profile #4
thanks 4 reply...
I have got a slow bandwidth .. my voice conference with yahoo is not satisfactory.my pc config also not high.is it okey for dingotel / skype or ventrilo..?..any idea..?
Apprentice
Member # 5149
Profile #5
Dingotel can support u to choice audio codec…..which helps you to get best performance in ur low bandwidth internet connection….
Apprentice
Member # 5147
Profile #6
thanks for reply...
but How do I determine which codec may suit for me ?
Apprentice
Member # 5149
Profile #7
U have to check one by one as per as ur requirement……..just concern when u get the best result.
Apprentice
Member # 5147
Profile #8
thanks u for ur reply...
i face some problem when try to make change in proxy menu in dingotel.i cannot understand all things and what i should be fill up..does anyone have any idea abt that...?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
This thread is now in the running to win the prestigious annual Most Painful To Read award! Congrats!

I wish I could follow that rather useless comment with something more useful, but I can't. I know nothing about your technical dilemmas. You might get more of a response if you used less AIM-speak and more proper capitalization and spelling and grammar and suchlike, though.

EDIT: And if you're not a native English speaker, writing "you" as "you" instead of "u" will get you pretty far by itself.

[ Thursday, November 04, 2004 10:02: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #10
A bit testy today? I should be, considering I have been trying to speak formal English for the past two days now.

Going back to the original topic, the best audio codec for a slow connection would be one that is the most compressed, and of the least quality. I doubt that any voice-communication software would use slow codecs, such as the kind used for digital audio archiving (Download Monkey!), but if your computer is slow, you will either have to find more information or just test out all of them.

The menus should not be that confusing. When you refer to the 'proxy' menu, does that mean you are selecting something related to the proxy? Are you running behind one for protection? If not, then you might not need to do anything there. But maybe it has to do with connecting properly with others with proxies.

I have not downloaded the software, but I might try tomorrow.

--------------------
What do I put here?
-Garrison