Encyclopedia Overhaul

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Encyclopedia Overhaul
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
Since it appears to be common practice to plug Spidweb-related sites here ( :P ), I just wanted to stop by to announce that the Encyclopedia Ermariana has recently been updated. Since quite a lot of people so far have complained about a horrible navigation on the site, I've at last changed the menu to have smaller buttons and be more overseeable in other ways. :)

Since the new menu relies heavily on Javascript, you will either have to enable it or wait a few days for the new Javascript-free menu. Also, I've been told that Mozilla can't handle some of the script. I don't know what the reason is, since there appeared to be some parts that worked and others which didn't. If it doesn't work on your browser and you don't have access to an alternative one like Opera, you will also have to wait a few days for the alternative menu. IMAGE(http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif)

[ Sunday, July 11, 2004 04:56: Message edited by: Elder Aranea ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #1
The Misterhood approves (although was forced to open IE just to get the site work). The taken articles in planning are many. When'll they get finished? :P

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Infiltrator
Member # 760
Profile #2
Well, your javascript menu doesn't work fine even on opera (at least not for me) :P For example if I press History I see the two first minor links (History of Avernum, History of the Empire) but the last link (Timeline of Ermarian) is going behind the geography link :eek:
Otherwise great site :D

--------------------
"The Darkness Shall Return!"
Warrior
Member # 1451
Profile Homepage #3
Doesn't work on Advanced Browser either.

--------------------
I am pleased to make contact with your entities.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Doesn't work at all on Mozilla 1.6.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
By "doesn't work at all" do you mean clicking the buttons doesn't do anything, or that the browser crashes when loading the page?

I'm working on an alternative menu right now. :)

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #6
Clicking the buttons doesn't do anything.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #7
That comes as a relief. It means that once I have the alternative menu in place, I don't have to make any changes to the original menu apart from adding a link for switching to the other menu.
(If it crashed on loading, I'd have to take the original menu apart too, since it would be too late to switch to the other. ;) )

--------------------