rBST: Boon or Bane?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: rBST: Boon or Bane?
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #25
I've drunk a concoction of soy sauce and balsamic vinegar before. The first time was for a bet, the other few times were a pre-emptive hangover cure.

By pre-emptive, I mean that drinking a glass of it instantly took away any desire you had to drink anything bar water whatsoever. Tasted quite nice, mind.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #26
I believe I've tasted a very similar concoction, at a Chinese restaurant. It was termed "Black Vinegar," and although I chose not to drink it straight, flavoring my food with it instead, I found it to be a delicious and unique variety of sauce.

--------------------
"Let a man find himself, in distinction from others, on top of two wheels with a chain- at least in a poor country like Russia- and his vanity begins to swell out like his tires. In America it takes an automobile to produce this effect."- Leon Trotsky
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Sir David:

a girl in my biology class last year told me that she drinks soy sauce straight from the bottle.
My brother does the same with Arby's sauce. He's never happier than when he's bought one of those little bottles you can get at some Arby's, or if he's desperate he just opens one packet after another and empties them into his mouth. Unbelievable.

To me, it's good on sandwiches, but without a bunch of beef and a tasty bun, the very idea becomes unbearable.

EDIT: I just remembered that he's also started going to Indian restaurants regularly and getting the super-spicy variety of everything. He says the goal is go get his gastro-intestinal tract burning and his eyes watering like an Italian fountain. Again, for me a modest of amount of curry, etc, creates a nice tingly sensation but too much is asking for trouble.

[ Wednesday, February 25, 2004 11:11: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
A.E. van Vogt (1912-2000)
The World's Most Influential Science Fiction Writer

Author of such classics as Slan (1940), The World of Null-A (1945), The Voyage of the Space Beagle (1950), and The Weapon Shops of Isher (1951)

Visit my website about him at www.home.earthlink.net/~icshi/

Pages