Stupid, useless, trivial facts.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Stupid, useless, trivial facts.
Warrior
Member # 3117
Profile #25
The average human produces 25,000 quarts of spit in a lifetime, enough to fill two swimming pools.

MMMM, tasty...

--------------------
If your buddy is trying to hook up with a girl, you may sabotage him only in a manner that gives you no chances of getting any either.
-The Code

Pahk ya cah in hahvad yahd?? What ah ya? retahded?!

Can't figure out the other sex? Check out ladder theory!
[URL=http://www.laddertheory.com[/URL]
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #26
After consultation with the classics department, I've received confirmation to my belief that decimation in fact only involves killing one in ten, not leaving one in ten alive. The actual process was that those picked would have to run a gauntlet of their comrades which tended to prove fatal, whilst the survivors would have to make camp separately and lose all privileges until they redeemed themselves in battle.

And Alec's belief about European nobility are interesting but as wrong as they've ever been. Going back 7 generations from Diana puts you back to around 1730. At that time, the amount of mixture between the aristocracy and other classes was pretty minimal. Aside from which, the Spencers tended only to marry into families as aristocratic as them and since we were running seriously short of genuine nobility rather than descendants of Charles II's bastard offspring, that means their genetics aren't going to be so widely spread out among the population.

It's believed that barring recent immigrants, pretty much all the country is related to each other going back to around 1400. But Britain's always been insular so your theories about Charlemagne are unlikely. Clovis is a rather more likely candidate.

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again

Pages