Strengths and Weaknesses of the classes

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Strengths and Weaknesses of the classes
Apprentice
Member # 355
Profile #0
I am going to download the demo later this week and was thinking about which class to play, shaper, guardian or the spy. Thats what i thought, i saw the screenshots today and there are now 5 classes (awesome) and was wondering what are the strengths and weaknesses for each class, eg Infiltrator B=Average, M=Strong, S=Weak, and your thoughts on some of the classes or your favourite class?

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :D
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Helpful links under discussion probably is the best place to start. The advantages and disadvantages of each class will take a long time to mention. At least here you get to see how someone that knows what they are doing with a class can tell you about how to do it.

It comes down to playing style. Spellcasters tend to play agents/infiltrators since battle magic is their strong ability. The servile has stronger fighting ability, but is also a strong starting point for battle magic and has more health at the start. Those that like to have a large party go with shaper/lifecrafter for their creation abilities. Pure fighters tend to go for guardian/warrior although that isn't as easy for Geneforge 4.

You can get away with variations since mental magic works better here to daze opponents, but it doesn't work against all of them.

I like agent/infiltrator and servile but have played with shaper/lifecrafters and they can make a fight easier with numbers.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Dikiyoba prefers to play the shock trooper class (average battle, shaping strong, magic weak). Dikiyoba never really liked spells in Geneforge, plus it's fun to lead a pack of creations into battle (complete with wild yells).

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #3
I prefer the lifecrafter/shaper. Though weak in hand to hand combat, he can make a horde of creations that can take care of anything. Throughout the geneforges i have attempted to make the greatest shaper and creations. I have succeeded in geneforge 4 to make the most powerful creation ever seen. I have made three Ur-Drakons, each can take on an Unbound with relative ease. SHAPERS RULE

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #4
But if you want a truly powerful creation. If you are playin geneforge 1, find a drayk canister, you need about 100 essence, and 5 to fire shaping. ( You can use this technique on almost any creation, but drayk is best) Then create the drayk as soon in the game that you can. Then, since you are a low level and he is a low level, you and him can level up. Once you reach the peak of your power, if you still have that drayk, he should be able to take out the main characters. But dont use him carelessly. Make some more drayks as you go along so he can have help in battles.

--------------------
UR-DRAKONS RULE. Ur-Drakons are the god of geneforge 4. They cant be beat. Ur-Drakons shall rule forever. Those who disagree should be destroyed. (I am Seriously Serious about the Seriousness of me being Serious.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #5
Serviles are great because you can build them to be virtually indestructible, with powerful buffs AND elite battle skills. And you can max XP by never using a single creation.

--------------------
Love is the movement.