more dumb questions

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: more dumb questions
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #0
1. Where I get Giscard's quest? Nothing at jobboards on Formello or Draco.

2. Where is Hamer's Graymold? I searched whole house and nearby area w/o luck.

3. Where's stunning blade in Motrax's cave? I have searched whole area and no luck.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Earth2025:

1. Where I get Giscard's quest? Nothing at jobboards on Formello or Draco.
There is a body in the Eastern Gallery southeast of Fort Dranlon that gives a letter of introduction to Giscard.

quote:
2. Where is Hamer's Graymold? I searched whole house and nearby area w/o luck.
There should be some in a cabinet inside the house. I don't remember if you need some tool use to open it.

quote:
3. Where's stunning blade in Motrax's cave? I have searched whole area and no luck.
Don't remember.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
1. Giscard is in his home southwest of Formello. To get in and get any useful conversation from him you need to find a corpse in the western part of the Eastern Gallery, near Fort Draco, that prompts you to go chat with Giscard about his problems.

2. I can't remember getting any graymold from Hamer.

3. I don't think it's in Motrax's old lair. I recall it being somewhere else under the northern tunnels. Try looking a little bit to the west for chests, bodies, and stairs down into another level that might hold more chests and bodies.

—Alorael, who hopes someone else can help more with 2. And maybe 3, if you need a specific location.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #3
bah, i thought giscard can be "dealed" before leaving to seek new adventures.

to r&d: correct except with stealing its possible to get says walkthrough.

still no idea where he keeps graymold unless its behind secret wall.

i have a hunch where that blade is but due natural lore being low can't see what loot near motrax cave has.

[ Saturday, April 05, 2008 15:17: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Apprentice
Member # 16603
Profile Homepage #4
I believe that the Stunning Blade was not found in the Motrax Caves, but it was around the general area. I think that you go to the caves, then go back around west. I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense. but perhaps it will inspire an idea.

[ Saturday, April 05, 2008 17:21: Message edited by: LunaRaven ]

--------------------
"Suddenly the darkness shifted anew, and a huge, tattered form that was not quite human, but not quite anything else, rose against the flicker of the firelight. It came together in a slow gathering of shadows, taking shape but not assuming identity, never quite becoming anything recognizable, formed of dreams and nightmares in equal parts.

'What is it?' Quentin Leah whispered.

'Truls Rohk,' Panax breathed softly, and his words were as chill and brittle as ice in deep winter."-Terry Brooks' The Isle Witch, pg.199
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Earth2025:

bah, i thought giscard can be "dealed" before leaving to seek new adventures.

to r&d: correct except with stealing its possible to get says walkthrough.

still no idea where he keeps graymold unless its behind secret wall.

i have a hunch where that blade is but due natural lore being low can't see what loot near motrax cave has.

No secret walls in A4, and the loot near Motrac's cave is a fiery wand.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #6
then no graymold at hamer.

more questions:

4. where i get fine steel for that sage and smith (near cotra)? no1 sells it nor haven't find it on caves.

5. can i sell chitrach-claws to somebody? i have over 20 of those after killing those bugs and claw-quest is already done.

[ Tuesday, April 08, 2008 14:50: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
quote:
5. can i sell chitrach-claws to somebody? i have over 20 of those after killing those bugs and claw-quest is already done.

No. There is only the one quest in Fort Dranlon.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #8
Actually two.Second one is delivering claws to the blacksmith near Silvar.If you did both quests feel free to dumb those claws.Useles encumbarence.
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #9
damn both quests done and i still got plenty of claws at fort avernum. stupid mages not buying so rare ingredient.

6. where i get key to open door to pass 3rd trial?

[ Wednesday, April 09, 2008 16:41: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #10
Complete 2nd trial.And to do that complete 1st trial.Logical?
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #11
quote:
LakiRa@
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Complete 2nd trial.And to do that complete 1st trial.Logical?
Logical yes except I've completed 1st trial near Monastery and 2nd near Draco. I'll go search if I forgot pickup something.

edit: so test near Draco wasn't trial like near Formello and near Matrox's Cave was, so did MC's test.

[ Thursday, April 10, 2008 07:44: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #12
All the tests are opended in order with a map showing the previous one if you missed it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #13
SPOILER

If I remember correctly 1st one is near Fort Monastry, 2nd one in Motrax caves, 3rd one in chitrach tunnels in Eastern Galley, I dont remember where the 4th one is, 5th is in abandoned city southwest of Dharmon, and 6th one is in Abyss.
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #14
7. How I can get rest of doors open in X's upper room? I have 2 keys for Tower but neither of those works (and Magic Unlock is too weak for those). W/o getting those doors open I can't get 4th Research Book.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #15
You can get the research books without getting the other doors in X's upstairs level open (the rooms are empty). The one behind the gate isn't meant to be gotten. There is one in the Castle emissary's room near the entrance to the Tower Colony, and the others are all in the west part of the upper level lying on the floor and the main level in a closed off lab. Just look around.
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #16
yeah found last1 on upper level. eyes are used to search any kinda boxes so didn't notice it.

[ Tuesday, April 15, 2008 07:58: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #17
8. Where is Levitt on Castle? I have searched whole Castle (those places I can reach) but no sight of him.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #18
Upper level in the southeast corner. You need to take one of the stairs up in the northeast area and go along the corridor from the barracks/storeroom area.

Note that one of those difficulty 90 locked rooms is for his rewards and the other is empty and just there because Jeff wanted to fill in the map.
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #19
9. How the hell I turn Golem-factory off? I pushed switch in sw-corner but everytime I get msg saying no luck before and after flipping those switches on nw and se corners.

10. If I manage pass Golems and get Demonslayer where do I find Aktitoss?

[ Thursday, April 17, 2008 04:45: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #20
There is a panel in the southwest corner that needs TU 14 (I think, but it might be lower) to turn it off. It's mentioned in a topic last year.

The gazer is in the northeast prison that is opened by another panel (I think it's the northwest room).
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #21
yeah but I don't have TU there yet so I loaded myself with potions and fought against that demon and golem.

no wonder there ain't character editor in A4 since many would use it to get TU high enough stop golems in both places those are.

11. Where is Aktitos hiding? Aktitos ain't in Gnass.

12. How do I complete Bandir Lair quest? Did I something wrong cause that surface pathway to Bandit Lair is blocked with rocks now?

[ Friday, April 18, 2008 18:24: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #22
I don't think any of these questions are dumb. I remember asking myself a couple of these. But here's another not so dumb question:

Have you ever considered browsing a walkthrough?

Not that I mind your questions - far from it. I always try and think if I can remember the answer. Most of the time someone else is quicker to reply.

But if you don't want to wait for replys, you should check out a walkthrough, dude. Or even Jeff's homegrown Book of Answers. Or keep posting. Whichever.

--------------------
Always try to be true to yourself - unless you suck
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #23
locmaar: I play Avernum-games by walkthrough but all solutions aren't there (not that all are needed and for that move mirrors-thing on earlier Avernum I needed pics to get those mirrors in right places) that's why I'm asking of these questions to get help.

Aktitos I found after all (thought that he is somesorta leader so didn't talk to all Sliths).

Bandit Lair-quest is still unsolved (wt only mentions it doesn't tell how to solve but I have a guess how it should been solved but realised it way too late)) and that msg to Spire Fortress same but maybe that Guervais is still somewhere hiding.

EDIT: BL-quest solved (wonders why I didn't see hole in wall on 1st visit) and found Guervais.

[ Wednesday, April 23, 2008 15:44: Message edited by: Earth2025 ]
Apprentice
Member # 7343
Profile #24
13. Is there lever to open that portcullis in Dorika's hideout in Erika's ruins? If so where it is, I searched whole cave but no lever.

*On the way to Castle and then kill Annatolia (why Spire's leader must always be killed?) and then hunt Rentar*

Pages