geneforge3 using enhancements

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: geneforge3 using enhancements
Apprentice
Member # 11552
Profile #0
perhaps one of you good people can give me some info. just starting g3, still on greenwood isle and need some advice on enhancing. have a blessed crystal also a runed ruby. what would be a good example of using these for enhancements, [ if thats what their pupose is ]. hopefully wont have to bother you with what im sure are simple questions to you expierienced players. any advice will be GREATLY appreciated. thanx again rclear666
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
The Blessed Crystal and Runed Ruby aren't the best enhancement items you'll find, so put them on equipment that you expect to keep for a while but not forever. The Crystal adds a small bonus to hit if put on a weapon and a small bonus to dodge if put on a piece of armour: it's honestly not much good on either of them. The Ruby adds bonus fire damage to a weapon or fire resistance to armour: I prefer it on a weapon.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
Most of the early enchantment items that you find are better off being sold so you can use the money to buy spells and training.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #3
I suggest saving Reviving Crystals (on weapon), Steel Spines (on anything), and Golden Crystals (armor is best) until you get things you plan to keep for a long time. Anything else is easily replaced.

Also, you won't get any greaves better than Essence Vambraces until the last island, so don't put a low quality enhancement on them like I did. You can buy another pair from Sciolino in Dhonal's Keep if you mess up, fortunately (and find more somewhere else, I forget where).

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Apprentice
Member # 5915
Profile #4
Agreed. I also liked the Tiny Orb of Mist, although that's definitely inferior to Golden Crystals and the Steel Spine.

--------------------
Troop of Drayks
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #5
Mostly enhancements should be sold for money although you should keep some important ones...

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
Compare:

[quote=Randomizer on
November 3rd]
Most of the early enchantment items that you find are better off being sold so you can use the money to buy spells and training.[/quote]
quote:
Originally written by Artila Master on November 21st:

Mostly enhancements should be sold for money although you should keep some important ones...
Please, if you have nothing new to add, don't post.

[ Friday, November 23, 2007 05:36: Message edited by: Funkadelic ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - bigger than Jesus?