Mac Emulator for Windows

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mac Emulator for Windows
Shock Trooper
Member # 7662
Profile #0
Currently all of the really good programs in the BoA community come out as Mac only. Here I am thinking of the new editor &&. Which is a problem for the half of the people who use Windows.

There is a program called Virtual PC, which I have only just learned about. It can run other operating systems on a Virtual Hard Drive. If we can find a freeware version of Mac OS then Windows users can run Mac programs on their computers.

At the end of the day this approach can only do so much, Mac saved games won't run on a Windows program &.

[ Tuesday, December 11, 2007 14:18: Message edited by: Ishad Nha ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #1
I am pretty sure that there is no way to run MacOS on your Windows computer without buying a copy of it. Sorry. :(
Warrior
Member # 7633
Profile #2
To take that a step further: there is no legal way to run Mac OS on your computer unless it's an Apple-branded machine. Sorry.
Shock Trooper
Member # 10488
Profile #3
That definitely applies to Mac Classic, but I think you should be able to run Max OSX in an emulator?
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #4
Unfortunately what you think and what is aren't all that similar (note the serenity reference). It's against Apple's Terms of Service to run the OS on non-Apple hardware. You may or may not be able to get a copy you purchase running on Non-Apple hardware but you probably won't find much help here on how to circumvent the protections put into place. For probably twice the cost of the 129 for a retail copy you can find something used (200-300) that will come with a licensed copy of 10.3 or higher (all macs are licensed for whatever OS they originally came with). Apple often runs deals on late model mini's as well.

Also there are no "freeware" versions of Mac OS X, the latest version Apple provides free is 7.5.5 I believe.

http://www.baucomcomputers.com/ is a good place to look for used Mac equipment if you're not into ebay.

[ Tuesday, December 11, 2007 16:29: Message edited by: macdude22 ]

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
*DISCLAIMER* The legality of this is questionable, so perform any of the actions described in the following link at your own risk.

OSx86

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Apprentice
Member # 11048
Profile #6
There are a few ways to get OSX running on a pc, BUT, as others have already stated, there are legality issues.