A2 Page from Garzahds tower.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A2 Page from Garzahds tower.
Apprentice
Member # 8422
Profile #0
While in Gharzads tower, i found a book in a room with a lich(i think it was that room) Anyway, it talked about troop positions and movements ect, and said someone would be interested in reading it.

I've been to the king and the garrison leaders of the towns, and can't find anyone interested in it.

Also, now that i've finished it, i have some quests left on my quest list.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice on them.

First, is get sugar for Gary. Does this ever go away? i got lots of iron for the person in the first town, lots of wine for others in other towns, and they go their fill and the quest completed. Thing is, Sugar is rare, i can't find a place to buy it, only found two bags of it so far.

Food for Harston. I've brought several loads of meal to this person, does this quest ever finish?

Find Empire records. Does this ever finish?

Find location of Dark Portal. I've destroyed it. I think. The teleporter that i used the Onyx Scepter to close. Is this not it? For some reason the questlog doesn't think i've found it.

Find Locke. Never found this guy, not sure where to look.

Anyway, if anyone can recall any of these i'd appriciate it, i'm about to go start A3, can't wait to get into it, just would like to tie up some loose ends.
Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #1
Locke is "in" the mining town near the start. Fort Draco, i think. Read the book in the building in the middle of town. Dark Portal: You're talking to Madhavi, right? If you are, i can't help you any further. Sorry, but i havn't played A2 recently enough to answer the rest.

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Apprentice
Member # 8422
Profile #2
Yeah i've talked to Madhavi, i told her that i destroyed the portal, she tells me to go read the green books as they have useful spels for me, but it never says i've completed the locating the portal quest.

Maybe it's a bug.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #3
Sugar is actually a special item, I believe. You have to steal it from the storerooms in Fort Avernum, and completing the quest hurts your reputation.

—Alorael, who wouldn't be suprised if some of the supply quests never ended.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
I think the sugar quest had a definite end in A2, just because there were only about two bags in the entire game.

The records and food, I don't think they end.

The portal quest sounds like it's more about the location of the portal, which would tie it to the Empire Archives. I haven't played A2 in a while, though, so I can't be sure.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Originally by Alorael:

quote:
Sugar is actually a special item, I believe. You have to steal it from the storerooms in Fort Avernum, and completing the quest hurts your reputation.
Are you sure that's not A1? In A2, it's a regular item and you can't actually enter Fort Avernum because it's fallen apart and filled with refugees.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
Oops, you're right. I'm thinking of A1's sugar. Carry on!

—Alorael, who has only just realized that Fort Avernum, despite its name, can only be entered in half of the games that bear the same name. Not bad!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by This is prompt.:

—Alorael, who wouldn't be suprised if some of the supply quests never ended.
Neither would I. I've turned in, quite literally, several tons of iron bars, sacks of meal, and Empire records; yet none of these quests seemed to have an end.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 8422
Profile #8
I turned in quite a few iron bars, not sure how many, but alot, up at the starting town in A2, after the barriers came down, and it completed the quest.
I also completed two quests to turn wine in. Again both were in A2

BTW, anyone know where i can get the dispel barrier spell in A3?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Ernest (the teleportal mage--Dikiyoba thinks that's his name) has a dispel barrier book in his home, but stealing it will anger him and cause him to send you elsewhere the next time you use a portal.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
When you fulfil the Mayor of Sharimik quest to deliver the message to the Trogolo king you gain access to a dispel barrier spell book.
Apprentice
Member # 7060
Profile #11
Or if you have a mage with really high tool use and Unlock Doors, you can just open the door it's behind and take it. That's what i did.

--------------------
This is my sig. Thanks for looking. :p
Apprentice
Member # 14629
Profile #12
quote:
Or if you have a mage with really high tool use and Unlock Doors, you can just open the door it's behind and take it. That's what i did.

was it handled like that in the trilogy too (that the Unlock spell and Tool Use skill stack)? I only knew this to be true in A4 and A5

[ Monday, March 10, 2008 00:22: Message edited by: Grindstone ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #13
I was under the impression that they didn't stack in A5. In A1-A3, having Unlock Doors at level 3 will unlock almost anything. Tool Use is really only useful for traps, or if you join the Anama. On the side, necromancy is frowned upon...

[ Monday, March 10, 2008 03:08: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #14
There are definately just 2 bags of sugar in A2, as I recall. About when any of the supply quests are completed, I have no idea, however, as I have always ignored those.
Also, I'm not sure about the tome from Garzahds tower, but to complete the "find Empire Portal" quest, you need to learn its location from the Empire Archives; finding it yourself won't do.

-- Oops, I just noticed this is a revived thread. I hope posting this won't give me bad karma or something (after all, I spent like a minute to write all this).

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!