How to use a found scroll ?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: How to use a found scroll ?
Apprentice
Member # 5059
Profile Homepage #0
Hello all.

I just started this great adventure, and there is one thing I don't really understand. To learn a spell, or increase skill for it you need to pay a teacher and he'll make you learn it. But when you find scrolls or you buy them to a merchant which is not a magic teacher, how the hell you use it ?
Is it some kind of one-use spell (but then, why isn't there a lightning button in its inventory cell ?), or is it to teach you a skill level, and how ?

Plus, there are some objects whose description says that they do something, and they don't, since there is no lightning button, and you can't wear them...

Thanks in advance for any piece if appreciated help !

tenoch
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #1
A scroll is a one-time use of a spell - it does not make you learn the spell itself, you simply get the benefits of it for one time only.

To use it, go to the inventory window (where the picture of your character is) and find the scroll in your inventory. Then click the sun like button on the bottom right-hand side of the item.
Apprentice
Member # 5059
Profile Homepage #2
Mmm...
This sounds strange to me...
Do a character need a particular skill to be able to use the scroll ? All my scrolls are unusable. And (I don't know if it's important) I have no sun like buttons, but lightning like buttons, on the usable items.

:eek:
Did I miss something ?
:confused:

ten
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Lightning is normal. I think the lightning/sun difference may be a Mac/PC difference, although I can't imagine why. I always have lightning.

You do not need any level of any skill to use a scroll. You do, however, need to be in combat mode to use most of them. That's my first guess as to what's wrong.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 4709
Profile #4
they might be unidentified :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 4154
Profile #5
You can use them anyway even if they aren't identified. It's not a good idea, though, cause then you might fry yourself with some of those annoying "Bitter Loss" scrolls.

--------------------
You're a moron if you think I'm not.
Apprentice
Member # 5059
Profile Homepage #6
Hey right, that was just a problem of game mode ! Exactly like the spells directly casted by characters, the scrolls can be used only at certain moments.

Thanks a lot for this !

tenoch