Oh My! A New Topic!

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oh My! A New Topic!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
My dear Alorael, I doubt that such hi-tech procedures such as money wiring occur in the house of Vogel/Richard White. More likely, there exists an envelope or jar in one corner of the Vogels' house where Richard White's cut of the sales go. And when RW notify's Jeff of his whereabouts, the envelope/jar is mailed off (most likely to Timbuktu or Kalamazoo (it's a long way down the track)).

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #26
Do not mail jars. And for wine bottles, it's carry on, especially if your bags are soft-sided.

Which leads to a new topic: how come some laundromats are so much better than others? The little one in the middle of Amsterdam's red light district can get oloroso sherry out of white shirts and a duffel bag. Do they use some kind of radioactive detergent that civilians can't buy, or what?

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #27
That's right. I think a jar must be carried by armored car or by train. Preferably train. From Kalamazoo to Timbuktu, it's a long way down the track. From Timbuktu to Kalamazoo, it's just as long to go back. Minus the weight of the jar.

As for laundromats, I believe that US Detergent laws prevent any detergent containing mind-altering substances from entering the country, unless it is being used for government work. It's caused quite a hubbub in the industrial washing sector.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #28
There is a vast difference between dry cleaners, actually - I've gone to about five different dry cleaners in the Arlington area before I found one I like. It has everything to do with attention to detail, I think.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by My Multiplexities:

Orange with subliminal messages written in tiny octarine dot-and-dash written morse code.
No, you fools! We shall wear WHITE! <sighs>

And we'll wear masks with a nice galactic swirl design on the front, with a roughly-drawn chess piece on either side. This will not only pay symbolic tribute to the great deeds of our Lord and Master Richard White, but will help differentiate us from all those other generic white-wearing cults (such as the KKK, Satanists, Freemasons, Mormons, etc.).

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:53: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #30
All the more need for good laundromats.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #31
Yes, I imagine we will have quite a number of feasts and ceremonies with many opportunities to soil our robes.

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #32
Not to mention all the blood from ritual sacrifices. Blood stains are the worst to get out of clothes. Fortunately, my attention to garb is such that I just find the first available laundromat and live with the stains that make me look perpetually unkempt.

—Alorael, who also favors darker colors in part because of that very dirt. Although it's surprising how grime seems to come in equal parts black and white so that no matter what you wear you get visibly dirty.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #33
Hey, can we have many dozens of elaborate degrees of initiation? If so, I want to be the Imponderable Archon of Imponderable Archons. I think that would look nice on a business card.

Ahh, trouble is, I think that if you have to ask whether you can be Imponderable Archon of Imponderable Archons, then you just aren't cut out to be one. Real Imponderable Archons are Imponderable Archons already. Maybe I should settle for being a Ponderable Archon.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #34
Then I will assume the position of "Grand Viceroy of Knighthood"-for-life.

--------------------
====
====
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #35
I have contacted RW's representative on Earth JV. If JV responds we may just improve our knowledge of the enigma.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #36
Hmmm; if Drakefyre is a mere Viceroy ... who is the Roy? Clearly this must be one of our mysteries.

But our laundry problems are easy to solve. We just hold all our secret conclaves in Amsterdam.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #37
Roy is obviously an alias of the mysterious Richard White. He must control all organizations with a viceroy, which provides us with a lead to track him down.

Holding our conclaves in Amsterdam would be marvelous. I always wanted a pair of clogged tulips.

--------------------
====
====
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #38
And if they disappoint you, I'm sure that laundromat will be able to get them unclogged. Given their location, and my own experience with them, I set no bounds to what they can do in the way of cleaning.

I realize from a response by AM in General that I have not made clear just how amazing these guys were. I didn't just spill some sherry on my clothes. I packed a bottle of very dark wine in a duffel bag -- a big soft canvas thing -- wrapped up in my clothes, and then checked it on a transatlantic flight. (I'm afraid my soup experience was not an isolated incident.)

My whole wardrobe emerged dark red (though smelling very nicely of raisins -- I really recommend the Lustau oloroso), and the duffel bag itself was badly stained. But those Dutch laundry guys got it all cleaner than new, in about two hours.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 14:54: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #39
What I would do with an unclogged tulip, I have no idea. Perhaps give it to a nice young lady eating outside a café, with a violinist playing softly in the background. Although, in giant white robes, I'm afraid to postulate on what her reaction might be.

--------------------
====
====
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #40
Hey, it's Amsterdam.

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #41
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

Hey, can we have many dozens of elaborate degrees of initiation? If so, I want to be the Imponderable Archon of Imponderable Archons. I think that would look nice on a business card.
Since I'm just about the only person who's registered Galactic Core, and have even been known to say nice things about Richard White from time to time, I'm the only one qualified—nay divinely elected—to be the Supreme Adjunctive Vicar of White on Earth. That means I get to wear the silliest robes, and speak in a big booming voice, and throw breadrolls at whomever I wish during cult luncheons.

[ Wednesday, June 22, 2005 15:12: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #42
I merely wish to be the Supremely Illuminated Hierarch of the Galactic-Bound Order of Lost Souls. I shall be properly addressed as "Your Postliness," and all bows must reach at least a 97 degree angle at the waist.

—Alorael, who will not only have robes. He will also have a tall and precarious hat from which many inscrutable objects of deep spiritual significance depend. And he will have fine cloths stuffed in his ears. All important men of the ecclesiastic persuasion should be deaf to the words of those who do not follow the True Faith of White.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #43
Wait, are we forming a religious cult, or a secret order to rule the world? Or is one the front for the other, and if so which is which?

I'm embarrassed that I have to ask. Apparently there are so many dozens of degrees of initiation that even Imponderable Archon is rather low on the totem pole.

They don't tell us Archons nothin' down here. Nothin'. We're Imponderable because we're totally in the dark, that's what it is.

Hmmph.

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #44
Well, if your shoulders get tired, let us know. I'm sure we could have some cushions brought or something.

The world subjugation is secondary to our cult status. If someone confuses the priorities, they must be reprimanded according to the charter. And they'll really need to go to the cleaners.

--------------------
====
====
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

The world subjugation is secondary to our cult status.
Yeah, that's exactly how Dr. Frank N. Furter took over.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #46
I will be Supreme Overlord of the Underlords of the Order. Though I suppose the quality of the position would necessarily have to be measured by the quality and number of the underlords I overlord.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #47
We need a Donut Ninja Overlord.

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #48
Make me RWG mod.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #49
Make me an alien transvestite who enjoys capturing teens.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00

Pages