Episode 5: 'Spiderweb Resistance'.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 5: 'Spiderweb Resistance'.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #0
Yes, you heard right, another tale from the pen of Spiderweb's favourite mutant lizard!

Instead of spending time crafting works of great complexity for BoA, or living the life of a true Loather, the baseball-capped bringer of our fictional doom has decreed that it is time we all worshipped her cool, for a fifth time. If she keeps it up, and she'll have her own SW day.

Anyway. Read now, be in awe. Again.

Episode 5 - Spiderweb Resistance.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - I am a stone that gathers no moss.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
IMAGE(http://www.theinspirations.com/images/News_HOF1_small.jpg)

Hallelujah!

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #2
Cry n00b and let slip the needle/ferrets! IÀ IÀ!

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #3
I suppose I should actually read the previous episodes, as I found it a bit confusing.

Now I must shield myself from the shocked responses.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

I suppose I should actually read the previous episodes, as I found it a bit confusing.

Like mine! *Stabs madly*

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Huzzah, all is well with the world again.

(I still think Dikiyoba should do Blades)

EDIT: After reading the below post, Dikiyoba can do whatever she likes and I won't object. Yay Dikiyoba!

[ Thursday, March 20, 2008 15:50: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Like mine! *Stabs madly*

All right, Jeran, pay attention now. That post is spam. It contains no information or humor and is therefore useless. Spam ticks other people off when they read it. Spam makes it difficult for me to read through this thread for reviews or ideas, as well as increasing the odds of this thread getting long enough to break or have to go into a new thread, neither of which are good things. And spam got the Episode 4 thread closed before at least one person had a chance to comment on the final chapters. In short, your spam is interfering with the purpose of this thread, and I do not have the patience to put up with it this time around. So. Knock. It. Off.

Yes, that sound you heard was Dikiyoba's patience snapping like a misfired rubber band, and Dikiyoba will be back with happier (or at least more mundane) announcements once Dikiyoba figures out where it landed.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #7
That was fast. Diki, you workaholic you.

So far so good though, I can see you've already planted good plot detail to expand on later. I could learn a thing or two from you.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
I just hate to see gimmicks getting stolen.

And, I thought you were going to take a break. Have the episodes become your skribbane?

Edit - Proper spelling is essential.

[ Thursday, March 20, 2008 16:59: Message edited by: Jumpin' Salmon ]

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #9
"Well, fine. Be that way." Randomizer wandered off.

Seems like a great start. Oh, and that's why I learned to read upside down.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #10
Wow, that was fast, thanks Diki, its great! (Oh, and by the way, when are you setting up a appearances table?)

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #11
Actually, Jeran's post arguably contains humor.

[/Defense of fellow unwanted forum member]

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #12
Diki, I am looking forward to seeing the result of the Ecksian Infiltration progress into a full war. The story already has a tense atmosphere. However, since I have not read the 4th episode since the last chapter came out I do not remember everything that is happening (I plan on brushing up). One last question is do you have plans for including any new characters this time around?

--------------------
Ornks, Guac, Gazers. 'Nuff said.
=:T:=
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #13
Thanks Dikiyoba! I don't know if I'd remembered to mention it before, but I like the change to novel form; the scripts were nice but they just weren't as engaging in my opinion. I also quite enjoyed the busy atmosphere of the first chapter, and am looking forward to finding out what everyone, particularly myself, is doing.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
"Verbs for the weak!"
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #14
First, I've gone through Episode 4 and fixed a few tiny errors. (For instance, Ermarian changed places relative to Polaris between the beginning of the story and the end and "Balm of Life potions" can only have been invented by the Department of Redundancy Department.)

Second, this episode will probably come out as slowly as Episode 4. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm pretty busy.

Third, I didn't see an element for Excalibur, so he needs to pick one.

And last but not least, Dikiyoba would like to thank everyone for sticking around through four episodes and into a fifth. Have fun!

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #15
Good gods Diki! The first chapter kept me hanging! :P

And why haven't you changed your siggy yet?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #16
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

And last but not least, Dikiyoba would like to thank everyone for sticking around through four episodes and into a fifth. Have fun!
Well, it wouldn't be a party without Diki breaking open a fifth.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Azuma:

And why haven't you changed your siggy yet?
Because people like me are lame and haven't read the whole thing yet.

Glad to see you writing again, Diki. Looks like I've gotta finish reading Episode 4 quickly now. Remind me to never try to escape SW again.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/16/08)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #18
Episode 5? This is awesome!

Even though I'm a bit disappointed with the cliffhangers that ended Episode 4 - especially considering that one of said cliffhangers is whether I am in fact dead for the rest of eternity. :P

Also, location of Ermarian and Polaris? I didn't pay enough attention... are you going to draw a map of the Spiderweb universe some time? :)

quote:
Nikki took it reverently. "Wow. It's her favorite one. And she wanted me to have it? I knew she liked me! But... why didn't she give it to me herself?"

"Er, she's, um, busy. Everyone's busy. Speaking of which, I've got to go." Riibu resumed invisibility and fled the forum.
I wonder if Nico is actually aware of having given Nikki her pencil.

Edit: Or instead of wondering, I could just finish reading.

[ Friday, March 21, 2008 00:49: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #19
I should read the second half of Episode 4. The parts I did read where nice enough, and I want to know how it ends, so there you go.

And I second Aran's idea: it'd be nice to make a map of the positions of the mentioned forums, unless it means that in your busy times making that will result in no episode 5.

God, I hope there will be a huge bowl of spaghetti in this episode...

[ Thursday, March 20, 2008 23:26: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I wonder if Nico is actually aware of having given Nikki her pencil.

Edit: Or instead of wondering, I could just finish reading.

See, I'm not even sure. I read it three times before posting the link, and couldn't work it out, which is very, very cool. It could be that Riibu is hoping I get killed by Nico for taking the pencil to get me out of the way, or else it could all be a misunderstanding. Or the two pencils could be different. If it is Nico's favourite pencil, well... :(

My thoughts on the first chapter? I like how the scene is set. Despite there not being too many actual descriptions, I have no trouble imagining what everything looks like. The sense of darkness and foreboding, especially in the opening dialogue almost seeps through the words, and is very cleverly crafted.

In fact, there's a level of tension that's maintained throughout, and that's no easy thing to write. I said that your writing style had developed heaps from Episode 3 to 4, and even in the short space of time from the start of Episode 4 to now, it's improved all the more. It's a testament to your talent that you can weave quite a serious, almost dangerous atmosphere through mainly dialogue. And it's even better than you can add a splash of humour (Synergy/Salmon (who else? :P )) without breaking that. I'm not going to rate it out of 5, or 10, since that's silly, and besides, this isn't CSR. But it's certainly good. I'm not sure if I've said this before, but you have a really lovely writing style.

Anyway, that done, time for the real questions. So, where's Ecksian? The old Geneforge 2 Forum? Will Nico find her pencil, and forgive me if I do actually have it? Also, furries! I shall get my mask on, and fecth my pants from storage. It's time for a new tattoo!

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - I am a stone that gathers no moss.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #21
Has anyone ever considered transfering Episode 3 to the current occupational page of all four other Episodes? Or at the very least added a link to said area so we can all view said Episode without continuity errors?

Oh, and I have yet to learn what a Reaperdisk is.

Plus I have been using IÀ as my personal battlecry on NwN for over three years. It's only within the time I've come here that I have included various obscure references to gian squid and the Great White One. This can have the double effect of causing my enemies to run away screaming and my allies to run away screaming.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
One of the Episode 5 links on your site is broken (the top bar one). Quite possibly because the url is http://dikiyoba.ermarian.net/episode-5-spiderweb-reloaded instead of http://dikiyoba.ermarian.net/episode-5-spiderweb-resistance .

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #23
I just had to.

IMAGE(http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/3782/adminsxw3.gif)

There really are too fun to make. If only the rest of you weren't so damn nondescript.

[ Friday, March 21, 2008 12:10: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #24
quote:
Nikki took it reverently. "Wow. It's her favorite one. And she wanted me to have it? I knew she liked me! But... why didn't she give it to me herself?"

"Er, she's, um, busy. Everyone's busy. Speaking of which, I've got to go." Riibu resumed invisibility and fled the forum.
Is *someone* a Battlestar Galactica fan? I recall something similar happening in the pen-penultimate episode of Season 3. :)

[ Friday, March 21, 2008 12:11: Message edited by: Drew ]

Pages