The Avernum RP, OoC Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Avernum RP, OoC Thread
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
Unfortunately, it turns out I have neither the time to participate nor to draw maps. The raw photoshop file I used to make these overlays could still be somewhere in my old stuff, but I'll only hunt for it if someone wants to use it.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #26
I've made some changes to the faction's profile.

Ephesos: Would you rather have the thieves guild located somewhere else?

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

Plans are being made to revive Tygra by means of necromancy.

These plans had better go awry. And I'm generally a little skeptical about retrieving one man's corpse out of a twice-ransacked city.

Other than that, nice.

I didn't say his corpse was in, you know, perfect condition. And yeah, I plan on having the necromancy succeed, but the result being just a stereotypical zombie, or something. Not capable of leading.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #28
Sometimes, that's all you need.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #29
Nioca: Please don't withdraw your conversion efforts from Sharimik. I want it to be a battle of hearts and minds for this city. I'm also thinking the Anama will try to keep Sharimik, as it was their's before the TotS.

A note on the Neo-Hunterian Empire: It's a land of contradictions. As the RP goes on, I'm going to abolish human slavery*, make religious freedom, etc. Basically, if you're a human, you get freedoms, and if you're a non-human, you get the axe.

*"My brethern, do you not see how wrong this is? These are humans you enslave, and this cannot be upheld! It's all for one, and one for all, and as the Chosen People we must stick together, not put each other in chains! It's not acceptable!"

--------------------
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #30
Goldenking: I have no plans to abandon the attempt to convert Sharimik until that truly becomes a lost cause, but the Neo-Hunters' arrival almost effectively sets the Sanctuary back at square one in their attempts. Additionally, the base message of the Neo-Hunters' is far more appealing than the call for unity under Sanctuary's banner. Also, the Anama would probably have retreated back to the Isle of Bigail, assuming the Rakshasi didn't finish them entirely.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Ephesos: Would you rather have the thieves guild located somewhere else?
I mean, it's really up to you. You might note, after all, that all of the factions but one are either in Avernum or Valorim. So if you want some room for both movement and creativity, I'd say move it.

quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Also, the Anama would probably have retreated back to the Isle of Bigail, assuming the Rakshasi didn't finish them entirely.
I believe Lazarus will be taking the Anama back up at some point soon-ish, so we'll see what he does with it.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #32
I think I'm going to stay put on Valorim, for the moment at least, but if it's really necessary, it wouldn't be too difficult to tie my lot in with a adifferent continent.

---

Addit: That felt pretty cool to write. :) In one or two posts my faction will have crystalised into the one I'm going to be playing the remainder of the RP with. That doesn't mean you have to leave me alone until then though.

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 02:57: Message edited by: Slowly Downward ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #33
Or we could just limit ourselves to Avernum, Valorim, and Vantanas after all. Really, who's going to set up shop in Aizo or Pralgad? Of course, if more people join, space will become an issue.

--------------------
I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if i can remember any of the damn things.
- Dorothy Parker
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #34
I'd say leave Pralgad in, since it's connected to Valorim via land bridge. Also, there were quite a few factions up there before as well.

AMMEND: Well, if the Hunters weren't unhappy with me before, they will be now.

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:10: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #35
Nioca, I'll deal with your messenger in my next post. And you're going to love neogtiating with the interim leader. :P

Sarachim, it took me a day to realize that you captured my leader. And I couldn't let her go quietly. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #36
That's fine, the spy probably hasn't received the order quite yet. So next post is fine.

As for negotiating; the spy is at an initial disadvantage, considering the secondary replacement leader, but with Nimbus's disappearance, he could have a lot of leverage. That is, of course, on the assumption that he comes across that bit of info.

Also, Alaran is female. Just thought you'd want to know.

--------------------

For Carnage, Apply Within
Member # 95
Profile #37
Ephesos: I would be disappointed if you did. :P

--------------------
The BoA Arena: Two collections of ones and zeroes enter. One collection of ones and zeroes leaves.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #38
Not to be a pedant, but this is how homing pigeons work. If you release a pigeon, it will return to its roost - to communicate with someone, you have to possess a pigeon that roosts where they are.

EDIT: It's really no big deal. Just a personal annoyance - I've heard someone try to justify sending pigeons to a moving ship before. Just don't make the pigeon out of crystal. :P

----------------
The Dominion uses RFC 1149.

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 21:56: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #39
It's a magic pigeon!

Or perhaps a dual-roost pigeon (also known as two-timing pigeon): indigenous to Ermarian, and can fly back and forth from two points.

Or, for simplicity, Sanctuary has a stock of Vantanas pigeons.

(On a serious note, I suppose I could change the pigeon to an extremely well-trained hawk.)

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 18:39: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #40
IS there already a ravaging, chaos-spreading, undead faction?

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 21:22: Message edited by: Azuma ]

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #41
I don't think so... I would recommend adding some depth to the faction, however. :P

EDIT: Where did it say Alaran is female? I only saw nonspecific 'mage'.

[ Thursday, January 10, 2008 21:47: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Member # 95
Profile #42
There is not, but such a faction may not be much fun to play. Your responce to every situation will be basically the same. :P

--------------------
The BoA Arena: Two collections of ones and zeroes enter. One collection of ones and zeroes leaves.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #43
Nioca, enjoy the negotiations. I know the Council will. :P

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #44
Anybody near Krizsan, this is a heads up to you.

There's going to be a reasonably large (which, in these times means maybe a few hundred?) armed force moving through Valorim from just past the Slime Pit in A3 to my territory in my next IC. Reason I'm telling you is that you'll prolly want to include a sighting of them if you have forces in the ruins of Krizsan (Goldenking, I know you do for sure). It's almost completely human in make up.

:)

Also, Goldenking, since I'm going to be making contact with the Hunters either this post or next (when I say this post, it'll be later today), I'm going to let you handle the meeting. Basically, you'll be greeting the new leader of my faction, who'll be mostly friendly with you. We ain't got a lot to offer, except friendship, at this point, but there ya go.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - forget about your house of cards, and I'll deal mine.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #45
Ephesos - I didn't do too much with the negotiating, as I don't want to godmod your current leader.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #46
Once again, I, your glorious and benevolent Emperor, have done you all a kindness. Due to Alec's failure, I took it upon myself to make a map.

I custom made it so it would be easy to edit should territories or even geography happen to change. I made it from a simplified Avernum 4 map. Blasphemy, I know, but it makes it easier to read and emphasizes the individual cities.

If I missed something or need to make a change, just let me know. I if your cities look like they should be more/less ruined, let me know. Oh, I also made everyone a flag, so if you don't like it, let me know.

You're welcome.

Edit: Oh, so far it's only a map of Avernum. If you give me a lottle more time, I can make a Valorum one as well.

[ Friday, January 11, 2008 10:12: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #47
ET - (applauds)

Nikki - Are you sure you want that character to be named Aralen? We already have an Alaran. :P

--------------------
Member # 95
Profile #48
ET: Thanks for the excellent map, but I think you left Sallust's faction off.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #49
ET, that is very good. Good luck with Valorim though, really. My current borders are outlayed in my intro post, and you may want to show Sharimik as disputed.

--------------------

Pages