Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part One

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch Tournament -- Round Two, Part One
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #0
ROUND TWO, PART ONE

Poll Information
This poll contains 8 question(s). 56 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=lIHGHXgMNYwu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=lIHGHXgMNYwu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
MATCH #1: The resurrectee vs. the resurrector. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/lazarus.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/ephesos.png)

MATCH #2: The militant, liberal Israeli girl wielding Demonslayer vs. the militant, liberal Nevada boy with the Scimitar. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/infernal.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/alec.png)

MATCH #3: Cute (or not)ness vs. craft. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/nico.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/diki.png)

MATCH #4: This one goes way back. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/thralni.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/thuryl.png)

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #2
MATCH #5: Phobia vs. Valeta. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/vlish.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/synergy.png)

MATCH #6: ...no comment. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/magma.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/tyran.png)

MATCH #7: The invisible vs. the unquestionable. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/riibu.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/alex.png)

MATCH #8: Unshakable oldbie vs. unshakable oldbie. FIGHT!
IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/saunders.png) IMAGE(http://minmax.ermarian.net/tourney/schro.png)

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #3
1. Ephesos is familiar with the subject enough to be able to alter, slow, or stop Lazarus's ressurection after a blow of Divine Retribution. Altering it would force Lazarus to come back as an Undead, with the rest being history. Slowing it would give Ephesos time to destroy the corpse, and stopping it would be rather obvious.

Ephesos moves on to the next round.

2. They get into a massive flame war, to the point where demons start coming up. Demonslayer beats them, but not before Alec takes a picture of them. He then continue summoning demons through the Abominable Photo thread- Demon Version. Eventually Infernal gets swarmed, and Alec moves on to the next level.

3. Nico calls over Nikki to try to double team Diki. However, Diki writes a quick script where Nikki and Nico turn on each other. They then fight, and either Nikki kills Nico for Diki, or Nico is too exhausted to continue fighting and is easily killed. Diki wins.

4. Ehem. No opinion here.

5. Delicous Vlish versus Valeta Blue (Synergy). The power of canisters, plus the overkill that results, wounds Valeta's foe quickly. The clawbugs come in, and Valeta dominates/charms them. Delicous Vlish, returns the favour, and they battle for control over them for a time. Eventually Valeta get's ticked enough to send another blast of deadly energy at them. D. Vlish's mindspells are broken, and he flees in terror as the clawbugs swarm him. Synergy wins.

6. Magma charges Tyranicus, who retreats while throwing javelins. Eventually Tyranicus runs out of javelins, woads himself, and meets Magma in battle. Fortunately, Magma is armored, making him merely ticked. What's more, Celts can't wear good armour, and woad makes them even more easy to hit. Magma dual wields the Guardian Claymore and Flaming Sword, killing his foe quickly. Magma wins.

7. Alex starts creating stickfigures en masse, until one of them bump into Riibu. Riibu then gets swarmed, killing many a stick figure. Unfortunately for Riibu, Alex is an archmage, and deals several powerful blows onto Riibu. Riibu falls dead, the invisibility vanishing, and Alex wins.

8. I have no idea.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #4
1. Ephesos can match Lazarus in BoA design, so after days of struggle both contestants will return to our arena, cursing Slarty for making them fight through the most annoying BoA scenarios ever made. In the physical realm, Lazarus’ only advantage (ability to come back from the dead) can be countered by Ephesos’ crickets tearing his body into tiny pieces. So the match will be decided by RETRIBUTION!!!
Winner: Ephesos.

2. This battle will be quite heated, to say the least. In fact, the arguments will get so intense that Alec will abandon his scimitar and resort to good old “Two Fisted Fury”. Unfortunately for him, that attack works much better in online arguments than in real fights, where his fists will be no match for the Demonslayer.
Winner: Infernal.

3. In addition to various writing implements, Nicothodes also has some martial arts training (if I remember correctly). However, neither pens nor fists are useful against dinosaurs, and Sherbiebaby will not be able to even slow them down. Even the cuteness will work against Nico, simply adding more power to Diki’s next script: “Everybody Dies Part 2.1”, subtitled “The Tragic Death of Cuteness”.
Winner: Diki.

4. After Reverend Moon gets squashed by Thralni’s vege-chickens, we’ll be left with two fights: Sailor Moon vs. vege-chickens, and flying Thralni vs. Thuryl’s puns, Kool-Aid and emoticons. With such a wide array of tools to use against offensive-less Thralni, Thuryl should be able to come up with some way of bringing him close enough to the ground to use in his next unethical biological experiment.
Winner: Thuryl.

5. Vlish is a creation. Synergy is a PC. He should know enough about training missile using PCs to destroy any opponent before it gets in a single shot. However, there is a complication here: Synergy’s tendency to deliver long philosophical monologues. If Synergy can delay the monologue until after Vlish’s death, he will win. Otherwise he will lose. I haven’t seen too many long monologues lately, so I am guessing that Synergy will win, leaving the audience to go to sleep under the sound of his voice.
Winner: Synnergy.

6. This will be the shortest match in the tournament, because Tyranicus will stumble and break his neck while walking into the Arena.
Winner: MagmaDragoon.

7. If even the horrifying powers of Homeland failed to defeat Riibu, Alex’s stick figures will not have any effect either. However, they will be able to swarm around their master, preventing Riibu from reaching him. With dangerous Chaos Attack as her only weapon, Riibu is unlikely to survive the number of castings required to clear away all of Alex’s creations without at least one backfire.
Winner: Alex.

8. What do you think has happened to Saunders' old account? :eek:
Winner: Schrodinger.

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 12:40: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #5
Ah, Phobia. My Vlishlord Shaper. How I miss him.

--------------------
Tasty Vlish. They're tragically delicious.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #6
1. Lazarus vs. Ephesos
It would appear that Laz's ability to spontaneously resuscitate does little to compare with the spell library available to Ephesos. And while Laz can take a beating, he will still fall several times to RETRIBUTION.
Winner: Ephesos

2. Infernal vs. Alec Kyras
A battle of wits, flames, large posting volumes, and obscenities ensues. And ensues. And ensues until one of the admins steps in and bans them both just to stop the clutter.
In the end, I figure that the only reason why they don't just destroy each other is because Alec technically isn't around to defend himself.
Winner: Infernal

3. Nicothodes vs. Dikiyoba
If the pen is mighter than the sword, then it only appears logical that the pen will prove mightier than the pencil.
And even if it doesn't, Dikiyoba does have the advantage of being able to gather and use healing herbs.
Winner: Dikiyoba

4. Thralni vs. Thuryl
Kool-aid is so much better than vegetables.
Winner: Thuryl

5. Delicious Vlish vs. Synergy
The range attack of the submission baton will surely prevent any tentacle-slappage.
However, one must wonder if the submission baton can be used if one is in the Terror state.
It does appear from experience, however, that Synergy is immune or highly resistant to mental attacks (it seems even logic, at times, cannot affect him), and therefore Terror will prove useless.
Winner: Synergy

6. Magma Dragoon vs. Tyranicus.
Mags fights with fire.
Manganese burns in several pretty colors.
Tyran dies.
Winner: Magma Dragoon

7. Riibu vs. Archmage Alex
Riibu vanishes.
Alex makes a comic.
Riibu laughs uncontrollably, exposing herself.
The stick figures carry her back to Finland.
Riibu proceeds to play Homeland, thus solidifying her defeat as it causes her severe brain trauma.
Winner: Archmage Alex

8. Saunders vs. Schrodinger
None can withstand the might of the turtles, even if their caretaker is banned.
Winner: Saunders

I must say, these keep getting harder and harder.

EDIT: See below.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has gone on tour with the local brass ensemble and will not be back until Sunday.
In the meantime, I will slander him by ruining his section of the posts.
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 13:27: Message edited by: Lenar ]

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Lenar:

It only takes one death to lose.
For clarity, it was established in Round One, Part One that this is not the case.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #8
My mistake. I obviously missed that.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin is gone.
Gone gone gone gone GONE!!!
HAHAHAHAHA!

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #9
These are really tough. It's gonna be hard not to default to the byes. They did have byes for a reason after all.

1. While Ephesos can resurect people, he cannot resurect himself so any victory he has needs to come from killing Lazarus sufficiently enough to not be able to come back on his own before he is killed himself. The cards themselves look rather one sided giving Ephesos most of the advantages. He can make an invulnerablilty potion while he kills Lazarus the first time and cast Divine Retribution from a distance until his SP run out. Without any real offense or defense Lazarus has to really rely on chance, unfortunately, luck is on Ephesos's side or rather his feet. Ephesos is more then capable of really killing Lazarus, or at least killing
him long enough for the crickets to eat his flesh.

Ephesos

2. (a futuristic female servile robot?) If they start by hurling insults at each other, Alec has the upper hand. Having been on the recieving end a few times, I know how his potent verbatim can at least distract if not more. He's no TM but he may be the closest thing we have. Add in his innuendo and Infernal should know that a win for her must come a different way. Unfortunately we are reminded that Demonslayer sucks as a weapon and while it can block a few blows from a simple Scimitar, once an abominable photo thread is posted with those burning eyes she will not see the deathblow coming.

Alec

3. At first glance, this may look like a simple smackdown. Dikiyoba the Great against a raging ball of cuteness. That's because it is a simple smackdown. Diki can make potions to her hearts content while deflecting any lobbed pens and pencils with her breath attack. A thick episode for each stabbing weapon and Diki's sill got her teeth to eat Nico in no time.

Dikiyoba

4. While Thuryl is likely to try to deal out some quick pun-ishment, Thralni will be unaffected because his english aint so good and the attacks fly right over his head. Thralni may be able to distract Thuryl with some chickens but his study in zoology should be sufficient to help him deal. Sailor Moon is quite a force to reccon with, but then again so are the Chicken gods. To me, Kool-Aid means death, but death to the person who has it.

Thralni

5. Um.. while Synergy does the talking, DV does the, er, floating and gets in a Terror or Daze first. Synergy is silenced. He has his own submission tool though and can freeze DV making his slap of pain useless. Down to a battle of the minds, DV has no chance to overcome that which lurks behind the veil we see Synergy through. If we only get a tiny portion of what flows in his mind, I cannot fathom the depth DV would be up against. Toss in a madness gem and Vlish's mind is shot.

Snyergy

6. With Magma's flaming sword and guardian training, Tyranicus dies. But wait, Ephesos is a SV user and comes to the rescue, reviving him. Magma is persistant and quick, Tyranicus dies again. Word spreads quickly at SV though and arrangements are made to use a spare copy of Galactic Core to bring him back. Well, I could go on but there is only way that this can really end. Tyranicus dies.

Magma Dragoon

7. Riibu has invisibility, but not invulnerability to tnt.

Archmage Alex

8. This match is too close to call but Schrodinger eventually gets banned.

Saunders

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
1. It doesn't matter how many times Lazarus comes back. He'll never be undead. Thus, while Ephesos will be terribly torn between the imperatives of healing and destroying, he'll get his retribution in eventually.

2. Insults versus insults, sword versus sword! Demonslayer is impressive, but Alec has experience and two-fisted fury to back him up. Also, he probably has most of Doston on his side somehow.

3. The only thing more deadly than velociraptors is velociraptors with a plan. A script is, among other things, a plan. Besides, Diki has already created the greatest horrors for her works. Pencils and cuteness do not prevail.

4. Thralni has flight and chikens, but Thuryl has a messiah, punniness, and snark on his side. (Also, he's naked under his clothes.) The battle will be fierce, but in the end the heartthrob of Spiderweb will be able to call upon his fanboys and fangirls. Thuryl for the win.

5. Power gaming versus power gaming! Tentacle versus baton! DV will quickly take the lead with a daring assault on Synergy's vulnerable mind, which is poorly protected by alternative medicine. Just when defeat seems certain, though, Synergy will unzip his pants and whip out a new age buzzword. It's all over.

6. For all his might, MagmaDragoon is only cool. Tyran is also blue and nekkid and violent. He'll chat up a storm, and when Magma is least expecting it Tyran will put him in a wicker chatroom and set him on fire.

7. Alex is equipped to remove all sanity, but Finns don't have any. Riibu will attack from behind while invisible and probably win. Actually, she already won as of a week from Tuesday. Unfortunately, that's not today. Alex's implants give him a non-Euclidean advantage and his stick-figure horde gives him an advantage of numbers.

8. Saunders has planning, and after the experience of children very little can be terrifying. Schro has rocks with which to bludgeon and is an expert in FAQSELF, but what he needs now is FAQSAUNDERS. I predict a very genteel fight over tea and quilting. The end is really anyone's guess.

—Alorael, who thinks the battle may drag on very politely until it's Mother's Day in the USA, at which point Schro will have to politely concede.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #11
The visitors win.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #12
I find it odd that nobody has mentioned the stuffed Cryoa plushie of DOOM that Diki has available.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
5. Synergy likes to understand what goes on in people's minds. Delicious Vlish just eats them. Delicious Vlish.

6. Tyranicus can invite MagmaDragoon to chat, but MagmaDragoon has a time zone immunity. That, and a mother who will make him do his homework. Magma's mother's homework attack would cause a delay in the match, allowing Tyranicus to get drunk and apply massive amounts of woad. And also to summon Cordelia, causing Magma's mother to flip out and attack them both. MagmaDragoon has parry, but still can't block all the verbal assults. Tyranicus, however, doesn't know Italian and hence is completely immune. Tyranicus wins a deathmatch for the first time ever.

7. Riibu's Chaos Attack won't do much good in a fight against the freaky, bizzare, and just plain odd attcks of Archmage Alex's stick figures. She can hide from them invisibly, though, because she's pretty picky about which webcomics she likes and so will be able to resist laughing at Alex's cartoons. But Archmage Alex can draw her into his comics and easily cause her death in any number of ways. Alex rolls into the next round without even needing his katamari.

8. Stew Boy.

Originally by Delicious Vlish:

quote:
I find it odd that nobody has mentioned the stuffed Cryoa plushie of DOOM that Diki has available.
That's because Dikiyoba doesn't have one.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #14
Er, I am mistaken. I thought somebody had a stuffed plushie something or other... Who was it then?

Forgive me, old, tired, and having a rough day.

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #15
1. As has been said, Ephesos simply has more firepower than Lazarus can withstand.

2. Infernal has Demonslayer. Alec has a scimitar and abominable photo threads. Infernal has insults. Alec has insults and innuendo and engagingness. Alec also has much more experience.

3. A couple of pencils vs. Diki? I don't think so.

4. Thuryl may not fly, but the genius sex icon from Australia will easily abduct Thralni's pasta.

5. DV dazes. Synergy disorients in return with new age buzzwords, then keeps DV on the defensive with painful oratory until he gets in enough hits with the submission baton to put the battle in his favor. (P.S. Pepe is somehow so very much Synergy)

6. Somehow Tyranicus seems like he'd win, but I'm not exactly sure how.

IMAGE(http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/Alexsticks/round2.gif)

8. Schro gets huggled. Saunders moves on.

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 14:30: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #16
Originally by Delicious Vlish:

quote:
I thought somebody had a stuffed plushie something or other... Who was it then?
Some short-lived member did have a cryoa plushie. Dikiyoba forgets who it was. TeresaBlack, or something like that, maybe.

Edit: Added quote.

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 14:33: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
This round has several matchups that are very tough to call!

1. Lazarus vs. Ephesos
Lazarus's ability to come back just means that he will be able to survive losing, which he does.

2. Infernal vs. Alec Kyras
Infernal might just manage to stay alive until Alec broke a rule and got banned ... if there were any rules to break. On the other hand, without rules Alec loses much of his power to shock. Well, he'll compensate with added vehemence.

3. Nicothodes vs. Dikiyoba
Nicothodes is along in the ring, but Dikiyoba is supported by the third person, and wins through numbers.

4. Thralni vs. Thuryl
As a stalwart oldbie, one would think Thuryl had the advantage. But he has surprisingly little to work with in this match. English puns are markedly less effective against a non-native-speaker, and Sailor the Reverend Moon is a threadlock, not a headlock. Thuryl has the satisfaction of knowing all about the deadly vegetable that fatally spears him.

5. Delicious Vlish vs. Synergy
Painful oratory versus a painful slap; pyschology versus psychic powers; new age buzzwords against the kilt; this is a very close match. In the end the only decisive factor I can think of is the fact that submission outranks terror in the Vlish hierarchy. Synergy wins narrowly.

6. Magma Dragoon vs. Tyranicus.
MD has a lot of combat-oriented skills; Tyranicus has a lot of experience in dying. This seems straightforward.

7. Riibu vs. Archmage Alex
Stick figures are probably irresistable, unless they are particularly vulnerable to Chaos Attack, whatever that is. What's that? They are? Finnish him!

8. Saunders vs. Schrodinger
Schrodinger ignores Saunders, runs the long way around to the back of the arena, and digs. For some reason he has been stuffing points into Nature Lore since Formello, long since they offered any obvious benefit. What's that? A deadly bow, buried just beneath the arena sand! How the heck did he know that was there? SZZAPP! Ooo, a reaper effect. He wins.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #18
Hmm would exposing the location of long hinted at vlish nipples turn the odds in my favour?

Synergy is a worthy foe... I am totally laughing over here.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

Hmm would exposing the location of long hinted at vlish nipples turn the odds in my favour?
So Synergy whips out his new age buzzwords and DV counters by whipping his nipples out of... somewhere. I think the tides have turned.

—Alorael, who has to give the match to DV on the basis of surprise. Everyone's seen Syn's buzzwords before. The vlish anatomy is still a strange and frightening weapon.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #20
2. A battle so fierce is drives most of the less interested audience members away from the arena, Alec wins by a hair.

4. Thuryl. Why? Because Thralni will get distracted about whether this is a popularity contest or not and forget who he is supposed to attack. Tullegolar? Tyranicus? Or maybe... Meanwhile, Thuryl will unleash a barrage of puns that hurt.

1. Ephesos casts RETRIBUTION!!! and then makes a tree fall on Lazarus to make sure he never gets up again.

3. Nicothodes has Sherbiebaby. Dikiyoba has a cult. Nicothodes has mechanical pencils. Dikiyoba has Episodes 1-3. Nicothodes can make music. Dikiyoba can make invulnerability elixers. Dikiyoba knows who will win this one...

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #21
On TM's behalf:
quote:
1. Typically, Ephesos would lose, but it's in Lazarus' own scenario that alchemy can do damage. :P

2. Infernal is better armed.

3. Nicothodes. Dikiyoba may have powerful attacks but is also so used to self-reference that she is highly likely to attack herself by accident.

4. Thuryl. Because Sailor Moon is broken. Sailor Moon is power rangers for girls (and [...] for guys).

5. Vlish. Because no matter what attacks Synergy has, he'll waste so much time spouting hot air that he'll never get around to using them.

6. Magma Dragoon. NG weaponry sucks, and nobody at SV really likes him enough to fight for him. :P

7. Alex > Riibu. Hm... No, Riibu. Chaos attack can do significant damage to Alex' banal and predictable quasi-humor.

8. Saunders has love on her side, but Schro's actually a pretty nice guy. Meh. It's a tough call. Ultimately? Schrodinger. Love falls in the face of science..

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 17:53: Message edited by: Yama ]
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
I was going to put another elaborate commentary here like for Round 1. Then I thought screw it, I'm just going to admit I voted for the ones I like best without bothering to come up with justification.

Well, except in the case of Nicothodes and Dikiyoba. That was really a tough one. :P However, against the Church of Dikiyoba, even two really sharp pencils aren't going to help much. Depending on whether actual outside help is allowed, Dikiyoba is either supported by frenzied cultists or otherwise by that god/believers/power relation seen in fantasy.

Edit: I note that Riibu is getting trounced by Archmage Alex. I still think that's ridiculous (stick figures competing with the Chaos Attack?), but it also means Slarty won't get to match us up in round 3. Which is relieving. :P

Edit2: Intriguing. I wonder what word TM used that you had to censor, but I probably don't want to know.

[ Friday, May 04, 2007 17:58: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #23
It wasn't the words themselves so much as the concept that were coc-breaking.

I'm somewhat surprised to see the votes go so overwhelmingly in favor of the seeded players. Several of the matches in particular surprise me (and at least one is going to be another spectacular overturn).

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #24
Some of these are easier than I thought:

Match 1 - Ephesos has luck and priest spells to keep Lazarus at bay until he can plant a tree on him.

Match 2 - Alec might be better at flaming, but Infernal always fights dirty to make Alec flame out and get banned.

Match 3 - Dikiyoba has her pet fyoras flame Nico long before those mechanical pencils get to do damage.

Match 4 - Thuryl trolls Thralni until he's ready to deal a death blow.

Match 5 - This is the closest one as the two sneakiest power gamers go at it. DV has his legion of clawbugs to do his scouting to force Synergy to reveal his position when he has to defend himself. While Synergy charms and slays the clawbugs, DV has time for his sneak attack to win the round.

Match 6 - Too easy since while Tyran strips down and paints himself blue, Magma armors up to use the broken parry of GF2 to completely protect himself from all attacks. A few ripostes and Tyran kills himself. With his dying breath, Tyran mutters just wait til Nethergate: Resurrection and my sword of vengenance.

Match 7 - Archmage Alex uses his stick figures as scouts to locate Riibu and nail her with TNT.

Match 8 - Schrodinger uses his walkthrough to devise the ultimate plan to defeat Saunders. After his victory he writes a FAQ to explain it to the rest of us.

Pages