Deathmatch Tournament -- Round One, Part Two

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Deathmatch Tournament -- Round One, Part Two
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Underestimated Muffin:

*laughs*
No wonder everyone underestimates me.
You fool (no offence), living muffins arn't just pastries. They are strong and resistant.

As for me, Infernal Flamming Muffin is powerful. He can transform as well.
GET THIS THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULLs (if you have them) :P

Edit -and I am not burnt by my flaming!

Too bad you are fighting Magma, and not Zephyr Tempest. You might actually have a chance with that reasoning against him.

Zephyr, however, remains locked in battle against Goldenking, and they can pull ridiculous armies from their hats to throw at each other.

-------

Also, I believe you all didn't quite understand this earlier:

IMAGE(http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs12/f/2006/320/c/3/Riibu_still_being_false_by_Riibu.jpg)

I repeat: You do not want to piss her off.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #26
-laughs uncontrollably at picture of Riibu... because it's true-

1. WKS vs. Jewels
WKS may pull out every kard in the book, and then wiki some more; but let's face it, Jewels has probably seen it all and then some. WKS is headed for a smart bottom.
Winner: Jewels

2. Smoo vs. Ash Lael
Smoo's greatest power lies behind his wererats, but don't forget that he has a little bit of time travel experience on his side. Ash has the power of the Creator (the writing duo), the Creator (aka YHWH), and a radio station on his side.
Ash can use his divine radio to broadcast at frequencies high enough to neutralize the rats (who can hear higher pitches that humans cannot).
However, Smoo can eventually stage an "accident" that will allow him to go back in time and disable Ash's radio equipment.
Winner: Smoo

3. Zephyr Tempest vs. Goldenking.
Known to the few who read some of the bonus scripts, ZT is actually a lich who can effortlessly summon demons.
The power of skribbane canisters has been demonstrated to be awesome, as well.
This match will begin with lots of summoning and disrupting until it finally comes down to a tooth-and-nail melee, as both will eventually use up their MP. A lich has endless stamina, which will eventually give him the upper hand.
Winner: Zephyr Tempest

4. Nicothodes vs. Marlenny
Let's face it: Marl is just too nice to be attacking someone two thirds of her age.
Nico is too aggressive to not attack anyone.

Winner: Nicothodes

5. IFM vs. MagmaDragoon
Iffy's powers lie in his incessant posting and flamin pastry allies.
Mags has the discreet advantage of not always understanding things that are posted in English... especially if it is not proper English.
MagmaDragoon's avatar is a dragon, a creature of fire itself.
Also noteworthy is the fact that a Dragoon is a ranged unit. This combined with the Guardian Claymore and quick attack for close range gives Mags a distinct advantage over anyone that cannot use range to counter it.
Sitting there flaming and flamming will not get Iffy very far.
Winner: MagmaDragoon

6. Zeviz vs. Mysterious Man
MM has a mighty arsenal of... not much important on his side. The most he can really offer against Zeviz's patented Nuke And Pave is the fact that he has to take care of his little sister, which, this being a deathmatch, will not fly any farther than a dirty bomb.
Winner: Zeviz

7. Student of Trinity vs. Niemand
Even though Occam's razor is sharp enough to penetrate the Halls of Chaos, the Jade Halberd's defensive bonus can deflect the blow and give Niemand enough strength to defeat any three opponents that might show up.
Winner: Niemand

8. Riibu vs. The Lurker
The aforeposted picture explains all.
Winner: Riibu

--------------------
The Silent Assassin scoffs me for his victory.
Guess who's getting locked out of the house at next earlest convenience.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #27
to Goldenking
I am not, was not, and never intend to be Wonko the Sane.

My pics:
ME vs. Jewels
Damn, you had to put me up against someone tough. Mothers are my greatest vulnerability Yeah, I predict our match would end with a bar of soap in my mouth.

Smoo vs. Ash
The power of Christ compells him.

Zephyr Tempest vs. Goldenking
As long as he stays away from RPs, Goldenking can use canisters to gain all of ZT's spells and then some.

Nico vs. Marl
Nico is a lot more violent than Marl, and as a girl is most likely immune to Marl's charm.

IFM vs MagmaDragoon
Magma's affable nature and sheer pleasantness would overwhelm IFM. And forget it if Magma's mom enters the ring.

Zeviz vs MM
OMG ICBM!!!

SoT vs Niemand
No reason

Riibu vs The Lurker
The Lurker can't lurk Riibu if he can't see her.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #28
?
I am a nice person in real life!
Also, as I have said, you guys don't know Iffy's power.
Thus, I will never join a deathmatch again, since REALITY IS STUPID SINCE people misinterpret what I say.
Okay, that is enough ranting/spam for one day (not that I do it on purpose).

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #29
No, of course not.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #30
I'm getting raped. Damnit. I gotta work on my e-popularity skills.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #31
I don't think I've had as many insights this time around, but here goes. Sorry in advance for spelling and grammar, I spend so much time thinking about what to say, I can't use any more to correct my typing mistakes.

1. wks vs. jewels

The sutra has no affect on jewels. She has already been there done that and started to write her own book about it. Crashing threads might have an impact if they were ones jewels was active with but it wouldn't be life threatning. Jewels has the Baath party which seems to have no qualms taking out unwanted people. WKS has Chuck Norris who can put the Baath party through the ringer with his eyes closed and two hands tied behind his back. Which leaves Jewels with a broken beer bottle as a weapon and the fury of a woman scorned.

Jewels

2. smoo vs ash

While Smoo has rats, and pleanty of them, Ash has enough design experience to replicate a similar stream of allies that are more powerful. Ash has a chainsaw and Smoo seemingly has no personal defenses. Add to that, a peaceful mind from hours of Christian Rock vs a mind that is distracted by all the different colors that keep running in front of him and

Ash wins.

3. zepher vs goldenking

With Zepher's magic he can easily freeze goldenking's skribband and canister supply. The pizza shield may hold back the cold for a bit but it's not gonna last. The golden gun may be able to keep goldenking in the game, but once zephyr summons a demon... it'll probably turn on him.

Goldenking

4. nicothodes vs. marlenny

Nico's pencils and pens are no match for marlenny's surveys. In no time at all she'll be out of ink and lead. Nico may be able to stall with the cookies but when it's cute vs. sexy, the high heel shoe crushes thy foe's temple.

Marlenny

5. ifm vs magma

In a fight agains a flaming muffin, a flaming sword isn't going to do that much extra damage. It's already on fire, it's supposed to be on fire. I think IFm has just as much persistence as Magma does, neither one is going to give up easily. Demon muffins don't seem to be that much of a threat for a guardian though they'd probably give enough of a distraction for a transformation. So the question is, what will iffy transform into? Many could speculate but really it comes down to intelligence which iffy has not proved very apt with.

Magma

6. zevis vs. MM

With all the offensive spells on Zeviz's side, it looks like he's a shoo in to win but mysteriously...

MM wins.

7. SoT vs Niemand

All things being equal, the simplest solution is probably the best one. SoT throws a rock at Niemand, Niemand chops off SoT's head with the Jade Halberd.

Niemand.

8. Riibu vs. Lurker

If the lurker can't see riibu, he can't attack her with homeland outright. Riibu will definately have time to get off a Chaos Attack before the Lurker can stop her. I'm not that familiar with the Chaos Attack but it brings to mind the worst that can happen, which is backfire. So the Lurker has a chance of winning without doing anything. What percentage that chance is remains unknown but it is higher then Riibu's chance of not losing. Because of probablilty...(OK, I'm not sure if it really works out that way on paper but I'm too tired to check it right now. Somebody tell me if I'm wrong.)

Lurker wins.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #32
You're wrong.

Hey, you did ask.

*draws a bunch of equations on the blackboard*

And I believe that having studied stochastics and statistical calculations academically, I am qualified to say that.

*hastily erases the blackboard*

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #33
1. WKS vs. Jewels

Jewels is a mother. The worst WKS could possibly throw at her is nothing next to multiple childbirths, and she survived those. Jewels wins.

2. Smoo vs Ash

I'm kind of liking the image everyone's presenting of me as a guy who goes around decapitating people with a chainsaw while loud Christian rock music plays in the background. In fact, I know just the right song... *cues iPod and starts chainsaw*

3. Zepher vs Goldenking

Can we have them kill each other, please?

4. Nicothodes vs. Marlenny

This has been characterised as a battle between sexy and cute, but I think Marlenny is cute in her own way as well. So it's cute vs cute, with Marlenny's sexy deciding the result.

5. IFM vs Magma

Magma is Italian, and that automatically makes him a Mafia boss. IFM goes to sleep with the fishes.

6. Zeviz vs. MM

MM is an ex-mod, but Zeviz is an ex-admin.

7. SoT vs Niemand

Niemand's opponent is a devoted student of Trininity from The Matrix, and has learned how to fight in bullet time. SoT.

8. Riibu vs. Lurker

The lurker doesn't show up, just sort of hangs back at the edges watching. Riibu wins by default.[/QB][/QUOTE]

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 19:51: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #34
You know, I've never tried Homeland, I have no idea what it's like. Can it really harm me, if I'm unfamiliar with it?

Seriously, what game is that? Who knows? Somebody tell me.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #35
quote:

?
I am a nice person in real life!
Also, as I have said, you guys don't know Iffy's power.
Thus, I will never join a deathmatch again, since REALITY IS STUPID SINCE people misinterpret what I say.
Okay, that is enough ranting/spam for one day (not that I do it on purpose).

To paraphrase the great Shakespeare, the lady doth protest too much.

For someone who claims not to be bothered by the result of a silly online poll, you sure are acting like someone who is really bothered. Do us all a favor and take some time off from these boards.

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Princess Prettyface:

You know, I've never tried Homeland, I have no idea what it's like. Can it really harm me, if I'm unfamiliar with it?

Seriously, what game is that? Who knows? Somebody tell me.

It's a single-player RPG with gameplay (and reputation) reminiscent of Runescape, and very old 3-D graphics that make characters look like marionetts. However, in Diki's scripts the game is a lethal weapon, so that's what we are assuming for this match. :P

PS The game used to be distributed by Spidweb, when Jeff wanted to try acting as a publisher for other developers, but apparently they disowned it so completely that it can't be found anywhere on Spidweb's webpage now. Here is the download page for the demo from the author's page: http://www.dragonlore.com/Download.shtml

[ Wednesday, May 02, 2007 20:46: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #37
quote:

That is how it realy is though.
Oh well, people missinterpret everything I say. On the boards too.
*laughs*
If only this was a real deathmatch...

I had to quote one of his posts, so I quoted this one. Any would have done, though.

Muffin, could you please stop acting this way? It's extremely annoying. It is more than clear now that you want to win, and yes, it is a popularity contest, but still: you have made your point more than clear. Now it's time to shut up. All you are doing now is reducing your chance of winning.

Please, take this deathmatch business as something for fun, not something that your life depends on, okay?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

It's a single-player RPG with gameplay (and reputation) reminiscent of Runescape
I protest that comparison! Some of us (myself and Riibu included) actually play Runescape on occasion, as it is more of an acquired taste than a poorly designed game. The only gameplay in common is comparing countless hours of snake-killing to countless hours of (insert monster)-killing.

Many people simply aren't into RS, but few indeed are masochistic enough to seek out the horror that is Homeland, which simply has to be experienced to truly be appreciated.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #39
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

quote:

It's a single-player RPG with gameplay (and reputation) reminiscent of Runescape
The only gameplay in common is comparing countless hours of snake-killing to countless hours of (insert monster)-killing.

No offense, but why would you spend hours killing snakes while playing Homeland? I never spend more than 5-10 minutes doing that. There are easier ways to get gold, such as picking up the gems in the sewers of Mandelin and selling them.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #40
Since I have been lecturing mostly in German for about a semester now, albeit pretty rotten German*, I protest that I know very well what Niemand means. I don't think I've used the word in a lecture, but I picked it up somewhere.

Well, in real life I did. My persona on these boards has offered no particular evidence of competence in German, and my persona's persona in the deathmatch is even more minimally defined. So, okay.

I guess I'll post some vision for this round's outcomes here later when I have more time.

*My very polite students still couldn't help chuckling for quite a while after I pronounced Zwangsbedingung as Schwanzbedingung. I had a hard time keeping a straight face too for a little while.

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 03:38: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
Schwanzbedingung?

Oh dear oh dear.

And I thought our Analysis teacher made a funny when he spoke of the "Leipzig"-Rule (it's actually the Leibniz-Rule, Leipzig is a town in East Germany. :P )

Also, I protest at the RS - Homeland comparison.

An 80% cholesterol diet is not the same as swallowing bleach.

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 04:02: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #42
*tries Homeland* Well, Runescape is a faster game, certainly. I don't see how this would be bad, though. Is the combat to blame? I should protest, the game seems just fine to me.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #43
Gasp! Riibu isn't affected by Homeland! The Lurker doesn't stand a chance now!

Unless, of course, Riibu gets bored and wanders off to do other stuff. Dikiyoba still thinks that is likely to occur.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #44
quote:
Originally written by Princess Prettyface:

[QBI should protest, the game seems just fine to me.[/QB]
Can I hug you? :P

Also, what do you mean by "faster"? Homeland should run pretty fast on most computers, I think. The game is quite old, after all. You may experience problems with large battles on slower computers, but the demo should run fine.

Also also, don't forget that right-clicking on a spot on the minimap while pressing shift will make you walk instantly from one spot to another. Of course, this doesn't work in combat mode.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

quote:

I protest that comparison! Some of us (myself and Riibu included) actually play Runescape on occasion, as it is more of an acquired taste than a poorly designed game. The only gameplay in common is comparing countless hours of snake-killing to countless hours of (insert monster)-killing.

Many people simply aren't into RS, but few indeed are masochistic enough to seek out the horror that is Homeland, which simply has to be experienced to truly be appreciated.

Actually, this is the point of my comparison. I know plenty of people who hate Runescape with the same burning passion you reserve for Homeland. In reality, neither game deserves its reputation as a paragon of terrible design. (Neither game is particularly good either, but I've seen far worse, especially among BoE scenarios.)

EDIT: (On a completely unrelated note.)
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

and yes, it is a popularity contest, but still

And here I thought this was supposed to be about writing fun battle descriptions and seeing which character is more powerful. Can I go back and change my answers to reflect how much I like members in question, rather than how powerful their characters seem to me? :P

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 07:59: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #46
If you look at the overal ratings, it should be quite apparent that the more populair people and some of the oldbies actually do get more votes. When a person has to vote, and doesn't know exactly who to choose, who will he choose? The well-known oldbie, or the not-known newbe? Besides, not a lot of people chose for, for example, Muffin, and I wonder if that's because they really thik he wouldn't have won it, or that there prime argument is that he is annoying.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #47
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

If you look at the overal ratings, it should be quite apparent that the more populair people and some of the oldbies actually do get more votes. When a person has to vote, and doesn't know exactly who to choose, who will he choose? The well-known oldbie, or the not-known newbe? Besides, not a lot of people chose for, for example, Muffin, and I wonder if that's because they really thik he wouldn't have won it, or that there prime argument is that he is annoying.
Let me raise my hand and admit how I voted.

I sort of read the thread with amusement, but didn't care for voting one way or another. I voted for those people I knew and liked, particularly members of the Cult of White like Student of Trinity and Ash. The one exception to this was Muffin, and it was truly motivated because I got sick of reading post after post of him complaining about not winning. If his strategy was to win more support, he clearly needs to rethink it because he lost any chance of getting mine.

Spiderweb boards are a different from other online communities. We have a wide range of ages represented - probably between 13 to 35 - and with it a group with very different ideas of what constitutes appropriate Board behavior. Most seem to have no problem and adjust pretty well. They naturally start posting in those forums where the people and humor best matches them. Even in General, some people answer surveys, others do those weird RP things, etc. No problem.

But every once in a while, someone joins who becomes an over-the-top personality. Maybe they crave attention, or whatever. Who knows? Some of them, like Emp Tully, begin as weird and irritating people, and then somehow evolve into unique and funny regulars. Some try to become the next TM, and usually get banned, while oldies sneer that no one can do TM like TM.

My sincere advice to Muffin is to calm down. Take it easy. Enjoy those topics that appeal to you, and remember that we're all here to have fun. There's way more to life than SW games and the company's forum. Don't let the postings of a wanker bother you. The corollary to this is don't become a wanker. If lots of people find your posts little more than whiney spam, don't then write another 5 posts complaining about how you're misunderstood. Just take a step back and reenter the conversation at a different time when you have something substantive to contribute. I believe there's an old Indian saying that there is a reason God gave you two ears and one mouth. It is a pretty good observation.

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #48
This isn't a popularity contest for one reason that goes by the name of Slartucker. The votes and the reasoning show who has more support and firepower, but when it comes down to the judging, it's Slarty who decides who wins and who loses. See R1, P1 for proof. While most of the wins went the way of the voting and reasoning, two of the winners actually had less votes overall. In Nikki vs. Nemesis, Nikki had 82% of the votes, but it was Nemesis who won.

Essentially, the better the argument you can provide for why a certain character would win, the better the chances for that character to win.

EDIT: Comma, not period.

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 09:05: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #49
Nioca, me and Nem decided Nem won because he likes FFT. I, on the other hand, have never played it. (Edit: I'd like to add that this is purely speculation.)

Right, to business...

GoldenKing said:
quote:
4. Nico calls over Nikki and double teams the way to victory.
Why didn't *I* think of that... Best idea evar!

Thralni said:
quote:
#4: Although Marlenny will try to dominate Nico, Nico will stay calm and deal some considerable damage with one of his pencils: Nico wins.
Nico is a girl dammit!! Did you never see the SW match-making game?!

And finally... that picture of Riibu is just too awesome...

[ Thursday, May 03, 2007 10:54: Message edited by: Nikkithodes ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...

Pages