Soda

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Soda
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by macdude22:

I know a couple three people(ok three st8 up) that have that same allergic type reaction to the artificial sweeteners used in most Diet drinks. Major headaches, luckly I don't suffer from such ailments.
Ironically, "soda" is derived from an Arabic word for "headache", originally referring to the use of mineral salts from hot springs as a headache remedy.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #26
I drink it once in a while, but I've been trying to improve my consumption habits lately (i.e. eating more, as well as eating healthier). Soda really is terrible for you. Especially diet drinks. They've got so many carcinogens in them, you'll be growing tumors out of your hairtips. (Okay, exaggeration, but it gets the point across.)

Plus they friggin' upped the prices of soda a couple years ago. I was fairly pissed, and promptly decreased purchase significantly. Now I usually only drink it when it's free for me. :P

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #27
Andraste, you linked me to a Facebook site. Do you honestly expect me to create an account just to read some American left-winger complaints about how pop won the election in 2000? Whine all you want about hanging tabs; soda lost.

--------------------
I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading.
- Henny Youngman
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #28
I almost never drink carbonated beverages, although I'll occasionally drink a select few - for me, though, it's mostly milk, iced tea, or fruit juice.

I am, sadly, reliant on energy drinks to get me through crunch weeks at school - my body is unnaturally tolerant to caffeine, and while coffee does nothing but make me more tired, whatever's in energy drinks manages to keep me going for a little while.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #29
"Whatever's in energy drinks" is mostly caffeine and sugar. I'd suspect a big part of the effect is psychological. I hope it doesn't go away now that I've told you that.

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 15:11: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #30
I definately agree that pop has WAY too much sugar. Also caffeine makes me tired for some reason, my brother's the same way but neither of our parents are. I used to drink a lot of pop when I was a little younger, but now I mostly drink Gatorade.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by The_Other_Guy:

Also caffeine makes me tired for some reason.
That's a symptom of ADHD.

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #32
If I need caffeine I drink coffee or tea. If I want fizzies, I drink flavored sparkling water or club soda. I don't drink beverages that contain sweeteners, unless it is cane sugar. Most mass-produced pop contains some sort of manufactured sugar, which I feel I get enough of in more normal foods. Like lime flavored Doritos. Mmmm. Artifical flavorings. Mmmmmm. Must. Resist. Need. To. Drive. To. Grocery. Now.

Bye.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Tyran:

quote:

Or youth. Don't forget, medicine and drugs often have a different effect on children and early adolescents. Caffeine is a drug, thus... well, you get the idea.

And macdude? I meant to not go off of caffeine cold-turkey for any length of time. You'll pay severely for it later. I know from personal experience. *shudders*

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
I don't ever have soda at home, but when I go to restaurants or parties I usually have some. I think the net result is that I drink some Sprite or Sierra Mist about once a week.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #35
quote:
Originally written by Cryptozoology:

"Whatever's in energy drinks" is mostly caffeine and sugar. I'd suspect a big part of the effect is psychological. I hope it doesn't go away now that I've told you that.
You left out the horrible taste. Alternatively, it's also cold. Coffee is nice and warm and makes me sleepy.

[ Thursday, February 22, 2007 19:17: Message edited by: Imban ]
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #36
quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by Tyran:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Or youth. Don't forget, medicine and drugs often have a different effect on children and early adolescents. Caffeine is a drug, thus... well, you get the idea.

And macdude? I meant to not go off of caffeine cold-turkey for any length of time. You'll pay severely for it later. I know from personal experience. *shudders*

I do have ADD, but not ADHD, but that could still be the cause. I would speculate that caffeine interacts with my medications, but my brother doesn't take any.

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #37
I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was interacting with the medication, Other_Guy.

I see so many people who are hopelessly hooked on caffeine, and it really bothers me. It's just flat-out unhealthy, and it's unhealthy for them to set themselves up so they need it. Granted, it's the same thing with me and sleep deprivation, but meh.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #38
I've heard that soda caused cancer because of the fizz.
People after having an aspirin after having soda become crazy for an hour or so.
Drink soda and take aspirin and you'll become like me!

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #39
Diet sodas have a history of switching from artificial sweetener to artificial sweetener as each one is labeled as a carcinogen, and there are some worries about benzene contamination in soft drinks. Actually, there are all kinds of health risks to drinking soda. Carbonation is not, to the best of my knowledge, one of them.

—Alorael, who turned to Wikipedia and discovered that the greatest risks of carbonated beverages are explosion and embarassment from the expulsion of gases. There are worse fates to suffer than humiliation.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

I've heard that soda caused cancer because of the fizz.
People after having an aspirin after having soda become crazy for an hour or so.
Drink soda and take aspirin and you'll become like me!

So why then aspirin has an effervescent version? :P
It's intended for people becoming mad?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #41
I freely admit it, I am addicted to Canada Dry. Or Schweppes. Or Cream Soda. Or Compliments ginger ale. Or A&W Root Beer.

Take your pick.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.

Pages