Setting up a webserver

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Setting up a webserver
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #0
I'm using a bit of spare time to bring you a little dilemma from my workplace. Admittedly, few here will have experience with this, but I'm hoping for the few techies to have some advice.

We're setting up a new webserver and can't decide on an OS that it will run. It will apparently only serve a single large website that will use TYPO3 as a CMS (personally, I'd prefer Drupal, but meh). TYPO3 runs on PHP/MySQL, so Linux is pretty obvious. But which Linux?

So far I've considered distros to be like religion or ice-cream flavors - useful for little except arguing and best left up to personal taste. But is there a distribution that is better suited for servers?

And bye. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.