Some sort of re-hello to spiderweb?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Some sort of re-hello to spiderweb?
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #0
Hey spiderweb people. I was idling around on the internet and decided that coming back and maybe playing some of the games over the summer might be a good idea, since i've been bored lately. You may remember me under the older pseudonyms of ørangutan, or Jelly. You may well not. I don't really care; I probably won't be much of a presence here anyway, like I ever really was. But all's good.

Can somebody catch me up on any major news over the past year or so, or however long it's been since I've last been here (it's probably less than a year, but I genuinely can't remember)? I still haven't played Avernum 4... maybe I should try that out. Something to do! Hooray! :D
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #1
I remember the name; am I right in recalling that you had a fondness for classical music? That's about all I remember. Welcome back, from a not-very-active member.

As for major news, eh. Nothing big. Members come and go. Games get released. The usual.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #2
This is what happened while you were gone. Read up.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
The toenails will have their revenge.

Someday.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #4
Welcome back. I'm sorry, but I don't remember you under any of those names, though ørangutan rings a very faint bell...
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
Hey, I definitely remember ørangutan. Welcome back! I'm going to pass off the job of summarizing the last year of Spiderweb history to someone with more time on their hands.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by wz. As:

I remember the name; am I right in recalling that you had a fondness for classical music? That's about all I remember. Welcome back, from a not-very-active member.

As for major news, eh. Nothing big. Members come and go. Games get released. The usual.

no, sorry!

Well, good to know somebody remembers the name, anyway. Didn't expect much. I've changed it because I go by finlay on other parts of t'internet, and it's my first name.

Anyway... what's the "social scene" like here? Worth staying around in a non-lurker state for? Who is everybody, anyway? I remember a lot of the "bigger" names, like the ones who create loads of scenarios and have enormous post-counts, but anyway... Who's cool, who's not cool, who's good, who's evil, who likes marmalade, who's old, who's young, who's wise, who posts too much, who's gay, who's loud, who's quiet, who's got a mental disorder, who's crazy, who's stupid, who's childish, who's simply worth mentioning? Just wondering! ;)
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #7
Originally by finlay:

quote:
Anyway... what's the "social scene" like here? Worth staying around in a non-lurker state for? Who is everybody, anyway? I remember a lot of the "bigger" names, like the ones who create loads of scenarios and have enormous post-counts, but anyway... Who's cool, who's not cool, who's good, who's evil, who likes marmalade, who's old, who's young, who's wise, who posts too much, who's gay, who's loud, who's quiet, who's got a mental disorder, who's crazy, who's stupid, who's childish, who's simply worth mentioning?
I suppose that the answers to all that depends on who you ask. But as to the second question, I will say that the board could always use a little livening up.

And Dikiyoba is Dikiyoba. Or something like that, anyway.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
I'm claiming the most evil title. You can't have it Dintiradin! You can't defeat the mechanical pencil!

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #9
(Glances at the pencil, then fires Teh Deth Ray.)

That'll teach you to mispell my name! :P

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
I will allow guards to operate under a flexible work schedule. That way if one is feeling sleepy, he can call for a replacement, punch out, take a nap, and come back refreshed and alert to finish out his shift.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
quote:
(Glances at the pencil, then fires Teh Deth Ray.)

The advantage of range weapons over melee type. Of course it still needs to do sufficient damage before your opponent can close with you.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
Um...

I'm Thralni. I think. But that is completely uncertain. Actually, I think that my name is probably the right name, but you never know, do you. I mean, with Imban, who is everyone, I just don't know.

By the way, I am obsessed with chickens. All hail the Almighty chicken Gods, though they are on vacation now. Not that that has to so with anything.

So. Welcome back. I don't know you. I think.

Maybe I should just shut up? And yes, I'm bored.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #12
Yo, I have no idea who I am right now but I'm sure some clicking around will tell you who I am. Then you can tell me. Or something. I'm out to play some Brad Sucks and sit around.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #13
Hi welcome back. I'm WKS, some believe that it stands for Weaponified Kama Sutra, but as of yet, this is unsubstantiated.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #14
Welcome back WKS.

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #15
I'm Tyran. I organize and archive all the online chats on my now unGooglable site. Check it out at http://www.shadowvale.net/chats

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
Some forums have disappeared. Others have magically appeared.

Welcome back finlay - I remember you of course.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #17
I'm...

special.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #18
Yes, yes you are

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #19
Special like the kids who ride the short bus to school.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #20
Better watch your step, WKS, I'll be watching you. :P

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #21
*doesn't die*
*hits Dintiradan over the head with heavy book and knocks him/her/it(to avoid another gender revelation problem) unconcious*
*steals the Death Ray*
*fires it at Dintiradan*
*Dintiradan dies*

:cool:

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #22
Come on *i, you don't think I would knowingly and willfully flagrantly violate the Code of Conduct with the express purpose of destroying a thread and undermining the board twice, do you?

--------------------
--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #23
Originally by Nicothodes:

quote:
*doesn't die*
*hits Dintiradan over the head with heavy book and knocks him/her/it(to avoid another gender revelation problem) unconcious*
*steals the Death Ray*
*fires it at Dintiradan*
*Dintiradan dies*
Don't forget that Dintiradan is wearing a helmet, so it's hard to knock him unconscious.

Dikiyoba doesn't understand why Nicothodes and Dintiradan don't compromise. Nicothodes can be acutely evil, and Dintiradan can be the most evel.

Edit: Added quote.

[ Sunday, August 13, 2006 09:29: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by finlay:

quote:
Originally written by wz. As:

no, sorry!

Well, good to know somebody remembers the name, anyway. Didn't expect much. I've changed it because I go by finlay on other parts of t'internet, and it's my first name.

Anyway... what's the "social scene" like here? Worth staying around in a non-lurker state for? Who is everybody, anyway? I remember a lot of the "bigger" names, like the ones who create loads of scenarios and have enormous post-counts, but anyway... Who's cool, who's not cool, who's good, who's evil, who likes marmalade, who's old, who's young, who's wise, who posts too much, who's gay, who's loud, who's quiet, who's got a mental disorder, who's crazy, who's stupid, who's childish, who's simply worth mentioning? Just wondering! ;)

I lurk.

Welcome back.

--------------------
AIM/Yahoo IM: Cavanoskus

Scary artwork and Bad Poetry
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."

Pages