The Mountain of Shadows RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Mountain of Shadows RP
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #375
OoC:

Well, after all, we need to get started again. I'm going to try and post soon, but don't expect much. I'm swamped (not to mention testing eating into my time).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #376
OOC: Oh dear. Sorry about that. Tomorrow lasted a few days. My cousin, Wandie came for a visit this past weekend. And she is the definition of "intense stress inducer" in every sense of the word. She messed me up for the weekend with her craziness. I'll try to make my IC now.

IC: As Edith takes in everything around her, she becomes confused to say the least. First, she witnesses Cain becoming possessed by some part of Orloki when he falls into a strange crystal case. Then one of the undead she had seen at the village reappears, mutates into a more mortal-shaped being, and starts going crazy. After which the reviving spirit of Orloki seriously compromises the ceiling above them, causing it to crack and shower down stalactites everywhere. Then suddenly Cain and the undead warrior start fighting each other. It was around this point that she hears Tuulentekija yell something, but she doesn't pay any attention to it because her eyes become fixed on Cain. Something about Cain’s manner just isn't right. It is obvious that he has been possessed, but there seems to be something "artificial" about his movements.

Then when the undead warrior strikes him down with unusual ease, Edith becomes certain that something is amiss. At the instant that a blow is struck on Cain, he explodes into a cloud of dust. In her entire life, Edith has only ever heard of such a thing once. It had been when she was training to become a great alchemist. A group of miners had come across a crypt and had come across a hostile-looking spirit. The kingdom’s best mages were summoned to dispel the vengeful shade before it could leave the mine and Edith had the fortune to be brought along to provide healing to anyone who was hurt.

When the mages attacked the spirit, they found it to be unusually simple. On the first spell, it exploded into a black cloud of dust. She learned from them that the spirit was nothing more than an illusion. It had apparently been a clever projection created to scare all people off. A search of the crypt showed them that it was made for a demonic cult and it's followers. They all soon left confident that the trouble was past. To their shock, the miners were all found to be missing a week later, causing the crypt to be searched again. It was then discovered that a real vengeful spirit had been awakened by the triggering of the illusion and exacted its revenge on the helpless miners who were massacred in the mine. The mages dealt with the spirit swiftly and mercilessly and soon dispatched it.

It then occurs to Edith that maybe the Cain she had seen fighting was just an illusion caused by Orloki to fool them. A puzzle piece fits into an empty slot in her mind and she sees a clearer part of the picture. Such a person as Cain would be invaluable to Orloki. So what better way to disguise his real purpose than to make it appear that Cain was dead, thus leaving him free to do with him as he pleased. Edith snaps sharply back to reality when a stalactite comes down just a foot or two in front of her. Looking around she can see that she is now alone in the cave with the undead warrior, who is now eyeing her in a way that makes her profoundly uncomfortable. Looking back over into the corner where Cain had been tossed when he was on fire, she swears she sees a figure retreating into a small, newly opened crevice in the wall.

As Edith moves forward to try and make her way over to the crack, another stalactite comes down just behind her, causing her to be thrown on her face. Getting up quickly, she decides to beat a hasty retreat and heads back through the enchanted doors just as the ceiling makes a deafening crack and totally collapses. With a thunderous boom, the ceiling meets the cave floor and sends a shockwave down the tunnel. When it hits Edith, she is again thrown on her face and is knocked out for a about a minute. When she recovers, she finds that she is covered in fine rock dust and sees a bright light emanating from the tunnel in front of her. Getting up, she makes her way towards it.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #377
OOC: Please Mung! Its more than alright with me. I say we need more people to fill up the great loss off cain dying.

I didn't make an IC yet, because of Sherlocks post. i suspect that the light is or not Filbert, or Sherlocks post was posted before I manage to rewrite my own. I'll await what happens, but I'm still dying to start fighting somebody. And btw Sherlock, that was an awfully good job, this way your almost forcing Cain to come back to the story.

[ Monday, October 17, 2005 22:15: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #378
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

Wow, this is a bit of a train wreck. Um, since the RP craze has died down a bit since when I originally called for the rules on it, maybe in future you guys should have separate IC and OOC threads? It'll reduce the confusion by a lot.
Indeed it would, but most people are too stu- eh, lazy to keep the OOC to the OOC thread.

I haven't forgotten this, just had a crapload of stuff to finish up recently, plus college has started again.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #379
Alright, I guess I'm in then, and thank you Sherlock for providing that slight summary of what's been going on. I belive that was what it is. And now I"m curious...is anyone willing to hep work me in a bit? perhaps heading towards a port town? maybe moveing water? anything like that??? :D just curious...

--------------------
...well I thought it was funney...? didn't you?
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #380
OoC:

How could we possibly work in a port town? We're inside a freakin' mountain right now!

Jump in however you please, but I don't think we can make assumptions about a character you have not yet revealed.

(sorry 'bout the anger: Cardinals just got knocked out of the playoffs)

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #381
OOC:

I would like to clarify something. Cain is DEAD. Therefore, what Edith saw was nothing but an illusion or delusion of some sort caused by the crazy powers liberated during the uber powerful combat that shattered the place apart. I know general RP rules say you can't kill someone else's character but there should be something about not reviving them also. I would like to reserve the right to kill my characters whenever I please and to keep them dead for as long as I want.

I am very busy at Uni right now and coming back to the RP is not an option, I only have time to read it every now and then. In fact, I should be working on a brief right now, instead of writing this. :P

I might get Cain back for another RP, I have some interesting ideas, after all, demons can't die, they just go to hell, get summoned and go to hell again and so on. So a return of Cain cannot be discarded, but not for this RP.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #382
OOC:

quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

I might get Cain back for another RP, I have some interesting ideas, after all, demons can't die, they just go to hell, get summoned and go to hell again and so on. So a return of Cain cannot be discarded, but not for this RP.
Yay! Hope that will be soon! What was actually the reason for leaving the RP? Was it Zephyr? I'm quite curious.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #383
OOC: You know, I never said that it HAD to be Cain. I was actually planning for it to be something else entirely.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #384
ooc.

err, subteranian waterways? :D
but alright...a character. Hmm, suppose that one of them might be slightly handy seeing as this is an rpg. But I hope you guys won't mind a rather brief summary of him. Don't have the time or my own computer for anything complex right now considering I left it in Tennessee with all my previous rpg stuff on it but I'll see what I can do.

Name: Patchabell Gannon
Sex: Male
Race: Demi-Human, Feline
First Glance: A fair sized figure of a man with dark fun and yellow eyes. His once lusterous fir is now light with age, a slight salt and pepper effect speckle over his ears and the backs of his hands. Other then that he looks not younger then 25. The agility of a cat and the overactive life of a human have kept him in rather good shape. Yet a line of wrinkles at the corners of his eyes denotes the inevitable onslaught of age on his panter like features and given him a slight beer belley from too muc mead.
He wears the blue and gold encrusted coat of a noble, tall boots and a tri-tipped hat. A pair of loose fitting, fadded white pants and a rather puffey shirt complete the outfit. At his waist a scratched and dinged cutlass dangles from a dogeared looking leather belt strapped with numerous baggies and pouches. Numerous daggers are more then likley under the coat.
All in all he's the purfect pirate. (heh...I make a funney... Purrrfect...cuz'...he's a cat...ya know... sigh ...why do I try to entertain you people? :D )
Job: Swash buckeler

All in all that's it really. Nothing huge of complex like before...just a guy...seems nice, no? :D In truth I didn't have time. But he'll do. Have to flesh him out as I play though. So. Who's game for a subteranian pirate/ghost ship about now? :D

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #385
quote:
Originally written by mung:

So. Who's game for a subteranian pirate/ghost ship about now? :D
He's kidding... right? Please tell me he's kidding. If he isn't and he wrecks this more than it already is, I'm done.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #386
For the record, Andros is still in Verwey. But unless mung's character is somehow connected with the Guild of Blademasters, I don't see how he could get there.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #387
OOC.
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by mung:

So. Who's game for a subteranian pirate/ghost ship about now? :D
He's kidding... right? Please tell me he's kidding. If he isn't and he wrecks this more than it already is, I'm done.

Yes! yes kidding:D meh, people are so serious. I was just trying to find anything that would make my character fit in. It just dosn't look right to have him wander into a mountain for no reason what so ever...maybe an underground prison or some such thing? Just...work with me people:D

quote:
Originally written by Wise Man:

For the record, Andros is still in Verwey. But unless mung's character is somehow connected with the Guild of Blademasters, I don't see how he could get there.
I'm not connected to the Guild, being a pirate dosn't seem to lend a favorable light over one's credentials, but I do use a ship...so if you're anywhere near water that's fine with me I can work something in.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #388
quote:
Yay! Hope that will be soon! What was actually the reason for leaving the RP? Was it Zephyr? I'm quite curious.
Main reason was Uni. After Zephyr's dramatic posts I figured the RP would not be the same. The other RPers would need to make some quality posts to bring some sense and credibility to our humble little RP. I didn't have the time (or patience) to do so, so I left before the inevitable happened. Now the OOC's outnumber the IC's, that is a clear sign that this hole thing is about to crumble.

[ Sunday, October 23, 2005 05:35: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #389
So you're saying I have outstanding timeing then:D WHo yeah, getting into a dead rpg...sI just wanted to post a few times is all:(

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #390
Well, if you are the optimistic type I guess you still have a chance to revive this with one great long and well developed RP post.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #391
OoC: I'll give it a shot and try to get this back on it's feet. Sorry if I spoil someones plans, though.

IC:

Tuulentekija woke up to a horrible pain surging from his right shoulder. Where in the hell am I? he thought and tried to crawl back to his feet, but the pain from his burns caused him to lose balance and so he fell down again and hit his head.

"No voi helvetin perkele!" Tuulentekija cursed when he again stumbled back up, holding his head. He had noticed that his mask was missing, but when tried to look around for it, blood flowed down his face obscuring his vision. Tuulentekija tried to sweep the blood away, but to no avail.

"I see you finally woke up." Tuulentekija heard someone say. "What the-" Tuulentekija shouted and whirled around to face whoever was talking. The pain from his feet, however, caused him to stagger and so he almost lost his balance again.

"I have waited for your arrival, Risto Roopenpoika", the invisible speaker said. "I am positively surprised that you've actually made it this far." Tuulentekija was about to ask the speaker who the hell he was, when memories suddenly came to his mind. Memories about the weird dream. Memories about the warnings.

"I see you know my true name, then" Tuulentekija said. "I then assume you to be the master of this mountain, or whoever who gave us those warnings."

"Your assumption is correct", the speaker said. "I see your mind is as sharp as it was years ago."

"Years ago?" Tuulentekija asked with a confused tone. "What are you talking about?"

"Of course, if I hadn't remembered you, I wouldn't have summoned you" the speaker continued. "It is only a coincidence that I even know of you. If you hadn't visited our village years ago-"

"Wait a second" Tuulentekija interrupted. "You say that I've visited this mountain before?" Tuulentekija was growing more confused every second. "Of course, I could have visited this mountain before, but I certainly have no memory of it. I've seen dozens of mountains and hundred of villages during my life. What should have made that occasion any special?"

"Of course, I didn't expect you to remember it. It was quite a long ago, when-..." The voice suddenly stopped. For a glimpse of a second, Tuulentekija thought that he could hear two voices instead of one, arguing each other. Then the speaker again continued. "It wasn't very usual those days for a foreign noble to visit a small backwater town as ours. Of course, I didn't think you were any special then, but when I later learned about your special deeds-..."

That was too much for Tuulentekija. Memories, and not so pleasant ones, popped to his mind. "Special deeds? SPECIAL DEEDS!? I've lived in exile more than 20 years. Anything I ever did is only a fairy tale told to small children, and then YOU come and dare to summon me to this accursed place! That is outrage-!"

"What is going on here?" a female sound suddenly said. However, unlike other sounds, this one didn't originate from the room around. Actually, Tuulentekija felt like it came from inside his own head.

"Ah, Miss Edith. I see you have made it here, too. Please, make yourself comfortable", The speaker said. "Filbert? Tuulentekija? It's warming to see you're alive, but what are you arguing about?" Edith replied, but Tuulentekija only heard the first two words. What? It's Filbert who is talking? Tuulentekija thought in confusion. But t hat's impossible! That is not Filbert's voice!

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #392
OOC: Yay!!! That is simply great! Í myself am quite pleased with this.

IC: Edith came closer to Filbert and Tuulentekija. Then she stopped, filled with horror. filbert face was different... She couldn't say exactly what, but... The eyes. They were red, somehow. She sat down, pretending to do as if she hadn't seen a difference. Hmmm. She looks scared. We'll what she does.

"Please, sit down, I think we have things to discuss."

Edith sat down, a bit nervous, and Tuulentekija tried to sit up. After some tries, he finnaly succeeded in this.

"So, what happened to you? You look hurt, although I didn't see you fighting... What happened?" Edith asked him.

Filbert looked at her, narrowing his pupils. She is cleverer then I thought. "I was dragged away, to some strange room. There were undead there. I... I... I don't want to talk about it. He looks away from Edith. "Let's talk about what to do."

Tuulentekija, trying to keep sitting, stared in the direction of the voice, his sight still covered by blood. He closed his eyes. Then he said: "So what do you suggest?"

"We should move on. not stay to long in one place. It could save us." Slowly Filbert started walking. Edith stood up, took Tuulentekija by his side, and walked after Filbert. Suddenly, Filbert stopped. he pointed at something... The Edith heard it too, something big, two big things, flying sround in the cave in front of them. She quickly took some healing spores she had found were cain had died. She still tought it was strange, the way he died, but she chose there were more important things. She took the spores and sprinkeled some of them over Tuulentekija's eyes, who after some seconds stopped bleeding. Finnaly he could see. He stood up and looked at Filbert. The two creatures landed on the ground and waled slowly towrds the three of them.

"Filbert! watch out!" Tuulentekija shouted, but Filbert didn't move. Instead, Filbert turned around, an evil grin on his face, and took the sword he go from Orloki in the temple.

"Now, Edith, Tuulentekija, your time has come. Just like Cain, your death is certain. Don't try to make your death longer, cause you will only suffer more." Filbert and the creatures slowly came closer. "Don't be afraid. I'll make it short."

OOC: I hope this is okay. if there are things people want changed, I'll see if I can change it. However, I'll only change it when it is something logical, and not something somebody just doesn't like to happen. I'll be able to change it only in a weeks time, though.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #393
OoC: Against all odds, I didn't find anything wrong in your post, but I feel we should wait for Sherlock now and hear his opinion.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #394
ooc.) Alrighty, you guys seem well aquainted with RPGing at least. I could have gotten myself into a much worse situation. So, he's a meaningless post that will at least put me into the story.

ic.) Patchabell rolled over in his sleep and promptly fell of whatever it was that he had been curled up on. He snorted when he hit the floor, his eyes snapping open to take in where he was. THere wasn't much...

He seemed to be in some sort of storage cell. By the way the room moved and the lights were shifting he was either under the influence of some drug or in a boat. With his luck it was probably both. He sat up and rubbed his posterior realizing with a slight shock that he was bare-ass naked. This could be easily overlooked though due to his rather plush, if not tarnished with several hours of rat infested sleep on top of a box, coat of fur.

With a grumble he pushed himself to his feet and made his way uneasily toward the door of the cell. He began to remember where he was now, and it didn't make things look any better. For one thing this was, or at least was in the past tense, his bloody boat. So what the hell was he doing locked in one of his own storage cells???

He gave two quick taps on the door. After a moment or two a tiny window slid back revealing a rather pale face behind it. A shakeing voice said "Y-Y-Yes sir?"

"Harzz...m'ega..?" Said Patchabell, his tongue feeling unusually heavy.

A faint expression of confusion crossed the lads face which only added to the already scared features. He lowered his voice and glanced around, "I'm sorry sir, but...but I"m not supposed to be talking to you. We're declaring mutiny and I'm makeing sure as you don't get away" These last words seemed to bost his confidence and he was so brave as to jingle the little loup of keys that he held at the window.

"Meh...Lad," Patchabells voice was smooth, almost melodic in a way that rolled, almost a pur at times, "I know you'r heart's not in this, now why don't you let your old cappie out of this li'l hole and we can see about fixing things up here, hey?" He smiled. The effect only lessoned by the slightly protruding fangs.

THe boys face when white, and he dropped the ring of keys. "I! I can't do that! He said if I even talke- gasp!" and with that the little window slammed **** and the jingle of keys could be heard fleeing quickly down the cramped hall outside.

Patchabell sat sedately on an old box and stared at the opposite wall. Perhaps his luck had run out? He contended himself by demoloshing a handy plank of wood into so many splinters as he waited.

ooc. Still looking for some connection? :D

[ Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:42: Message edited by: mung ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #395
OoC: I wish you luck coming up with a plausible tie-in to what's actually going on. And it looks like you misspelled "shut," because "slammed ****" doesn't make sense, even with over-filtered boards like these.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 258
Profile Homepage #396
ooc.

um wow. i didnt' even see that. I wonder what that could be:D I think I'll leave it simply for creative interpretation...but yes...yes it was shut:D

and eventually I'm sure I'll find some way it. They have to go out side some time ya know.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #397
IC:

Sequoia could hear voices now. The sounds of footsteps were now accompanied by the sound of flapping wings, and occasional bursts of shouting.

"Quick, put out that light." Lisha whispered.

I'm not even sure how I lit it... he thought. Still, with a bit of concentration, the light emanating from his hands dimmed.

"I get the impression that we should leave." Sequoia said quietly, trying to remember the path they had taken to get here. Through the forge, up the staircase, and that left us here. Where can we run to?

Without another word spoken between them, Lisha and Sequoia silently walked out of the illusion-rigged cave. However, as they left the room, they heard a magical whoosh sound, and the light of torches sprung up behind them. The illusion recharged... we must have set it off again, Sequoia thought, and a glance at Lisha's similarly-startled face suggested that she agreed. The voice of the illusory demon seemed to mock them.

As the voices from back down the tunnel abruptly stopped, Lisha and Sequoia burst into a sprint back through the caves. Practically falling down the stairs, they found themselves out of breath and sitting in the forge.

Sequoia struggled for a moment, then managed to relight his hands, filling the forge with bright yellow light. I really need to fix my staff... he thought.

"So now what?" Sequoia asked. "I mean, there's that tunnel full of... things, and then there's the outside of the mountain. And we have a loose demon now." Not to mention the elf.

As Lisha thought, Sequoia stared at the heap of rubble he had closed the other passage with. Reluctantly, he had to admit to himself that his spirit was beginning to crack under the strain of this journey. I wonder what kind of horror lurks in there... and I wonder if I'll ever see sunlight again, given my current run of luck.

OoC: I swear, if we stumble upon a box-full-of-pirate in the caves, I'm going to have to kill you, mung. Waiting on you, David.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #398
OOC: I know it may seem confusing to suddenly rejoin the RP and stick Andros deep into the mountain, but, well, being alone at Verwey kind of sucks.

IC:
(Building. Please be patient :P )

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #399
Lisha dropped her chin to her heaving chest, her eyes squeezed shut. She was used to enduring long periods without rest, but the strain of recent events was finally catching up to her. She straightened her knives unconsciously, toying almost carelessly with the unpoisoned blade, and tried to organize her thoughts. It was hard - she'd never really had to do that before.

It is not my place to stay. My duty is done.

Sequoia stood. He walked back the way they had come, then turned to the blocked tunnel sadly. He looked up at Lisha.

"I'm sorry I-"

"Don't be."

What keeps me here? I should have returned already. She rewrapped her cloak, trying to avoid the new tears as well as possible. I have no reason to risk my life for Orloki's destruction. If these... adventurers fail, it is none of my business.

She looked at Sequoia, then over her shoulder.

But if - if they succeed...

She shivered and drew the cloak tighter. Why was it so cold? The other chambers, the inner chambers, had been warmer. A wintry blast cut through the coarse fabric and sent a chill through her body.

The inner chambers...

She stood suddenly, unsteady, but with an asp's focus on the direction that wind came from. "What's that way?"

Sequoia turned. "It - it seems like-"

"Let's go."

"Where?"

"There. Away. Come on. We'll find another way up."

Sequoia regarded her suspiciously. "Where are we going?"

She heaved a sigh of frustration. "I don't know. Come on." She set an unalterable course toward the direction of the wind, of the frigid air and the wan sunlight she knew were sure to accompany it. Sequoia had no choice but to follow.

OOC: Melora, however, does have a choice...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages