Showering

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Showering
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #25
You get mouldy? Stop thinking about little girls you dirty old man!!! I haven't had a shower since Sunday night and it is now Thursday. So I'll have to have a shower tonight before it becomes too obvious.

--------------------
Who I am makes no difference but it is what I say and do that counts (mabey???)
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #26
I went two weeks without showering one time, while on a trip in rural China.

I took 3 showers in a row when I got home, though.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #27
I have been blessed with a full complement of skin disorders. Various topical treatments with seven syllable names help, but eventually it becomes a choice between having bad skin and living in a constant inch thick layer of ooze. There's such a thing as too much medication.

—Alorael, who does not, in fact, grow mold. It's actually a species of lichen.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #28
Considering the question is "goes" rather than "has gone," it's a question of regular habit rather than personal record of unwashedness.

"12 hours" wasn't on the list, so I didn't cast a vote. Yes, you heard me, 12 hours. I live in the freakin' desert and you get soggy then crusty after just a few hours, so I shower upon waking and then again shortly before retiring. I wash my hair only in the morning, and just do more of a quick rinse in the evening—I'm sort of splitting one long shower into two quick ones. So it's not like I'm wasting millions of gallons of heavily chlorinated water every day that would be better spent being sucked down to Los Angeles to fill some idiot's pool.

EDIT: I just realized that within the space of mere minutes, I've revealed more of my personal life on these boards than ever before. Now everybody knows that when I'm not asleep, I'm in the shower! :rolleyes:

[ Wednesday, July 13, 2005 18:31: Message edited by: Icshi ]

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Warrior
Member # 3457
Profile #29
I meant record not regular habit so I'm sorry if anyone misunderstood

--------------------
Who I am makes no difference but it is what I say and do that counts (mabey???)
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #30
Oh. All right. Then if it's a matter of person record, I take the 5th....

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #31
I went the first four years of my life without a shower. I was bathed.

Now, since I've started taking showers regularly? My record would be nineteen days under extenuating circumstances, and thirteen days in a lack thereof (and that was mostly to see how long I could go without showering without smelling like death).

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #32
I'm fairly sure that during my youth I must have once managed to go a month without bathing. I was a horribly scruffy child. I still am, but I get nasty sweat rashes if I don't shower regularly so I'm pretty unlikely to miss more than a day except where washing facilities simply aren't available.

--------------------
Voice of Reasonable Morality
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #33
I have not had a shower, in quite a long time. Which is a definite shame, as I prefer them, to baths. Record for going without, though? Maybe a week or so, as a child? Maximum of every other day, these days, though.

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #34
I don't seem to remember how long I've gone without a shower before. More than a week anyway.

I'm not really a one for being clean all the time. I once took 2 showers in a day, and it felt kinda wierd. ;)

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #35
I usually go to shower every few days. Sometimes I, however, don't have that choice, so I'll go to swim instead.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #36
I usually shower once a day. When I was very young, I often went two or three weeks without one. If I was forced to, I'd usually cry.
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #37
My age.

--------------------
Inconsistently backward.
SWOH. IM, PATF, ND.

Pages