Valley of Thunder RP

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Valley of Thunder RP
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #230
OOC: so what, now it's a problem that Ray has cunning too?

IC will follow in a few.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #231
Hmmm... how am I going to fight all of them?

Terril had been moving through the woods for some time now, mostly avoiding the demons and ambushing ones that go astray. He had managed to lose his direction and had stumbled upon a wide river. Far too wide to cross.

Downriver, about three hundred metres from where he was standing, was a bridge that was at least wide enough for three chariots to travel side by side. An easy way across the river. Unfortunately, the demons had obviously thought the same.

Standing at the end of the near side were three large demons and another two dozen hordling and imp types. One of the demons was carrying a piece of paper of some variety. It started to walk towards the forest edge with the hordlings in tow.

What the heck are they doing? The demon had stopped a short distance away from the tree-line, opened up the scroll and holding it with one hand, started to read it. The other hand, held high, suddenly had a ball of fire appear in it. Dropping the scroll, the demon threw the fireball towards the forest...

Uh-oh, that's going to be big...

OOC: One forest fire, as ordered.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #232
A slight dampness in the ground and high humidity slowed the fire down slightly but persistence and a strengthening wind meant it was only a few minutes before the fire caught.

The smell reached Kenthred and Chadussid moments before they saw the first licks of flame through the trees.

"It appears the demons are trying to save you some effort. Might be an idea to move."

Chadussid nodded and moved off south. "Not that way. We don't want to waste time going round it. It hasn't engulfed the whole area. If we move fast, we can get on the leeward side of the fire."

"Accepted. What do you plan to do when you meet a horde of demons on the other side?"

"If they're imps or something similarly stupid, we can convince them we're working for Garath now. I've got a couple of bracelets in my pack I looted from some temple somewhere. They don't do anything, but they look vaguely demonic. Take one." Kenthred reaches into his bag, picks out a pair of bracelets decorated with a sigil resembling an S and throws one to Chadussid.

"And if you see any humans or higher demons, kill them on sight. If they've got a spear, give it to me. Lets go."

Chadussid and Kenthred step between two of the more advanced prongs of the fire and out of the view of the reader.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #233
OOC: Sorry for the long break.

IC: "So what remains is the Stone of Thunder, am I correct?" Shirr-Uth asked. "Yes you are, dreamer. Stop hiding and reveal yourself" answered the shadow. "You are a fool, Asher Ah Ehran . If I revealed myself, you'd just kill me. If I stay hidden, you'd still win, but I could still interrupt" Shirr-Uth said. "Nonsense. But how did you know my name?" Asher Ah Ehran replied. "It doesn't matter. We are the same" Shirr-Uth shouted. "And I will come for!"

Shirr-Uth had somehow left the bunker, and was now sneaking along the riverbank. "He doesn't know about the unbeliever" Shirr-Uth thought. "Now my only hope is that he doesn't know it himself either. Perhaps it was lucky that he is working for them." Suddenly Shirr-Uth stopped. He saw a demon flinging a fireball to the forest. "Oh no. Well, at least I'll die with proud." He rose up and shouted: "I am here. Come and get me!" One of the big demons laughed; Shirr-Uth was only a man, he could tear him apart easily, it tought. But when it came close to Shirr-Uth, he shot a bolt of white energy to the demon which lifted it to air, and then he gave solid blow to its chest with his bare hands, and the demon died. The other two demons were shocked. How could this small man do something like this. They had certainly underestimated him. But then, it was Shirr-Uth against about a twenty of them. He certainly wouldn't survive...

OOC: I haven't given a good description about Shirr-Uth yet, so here it goes: He is about 170 centimeters tall, weights about 120 pounds, is wearing a black armor with a white swan painted on the chest, and a black helmet, and has white hair, blue eyes and tanned complexion if you really want to know. By the way, he is unarmed. Oh well...
EDIT: Asher Ah Ehran is the baddies name in Shirr-Uths language, so feel free make up anything you have in your mind.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 09:05: Message edited by: Frozen feet ]

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #234
After roughly a mile, Akhtar heard Hispar say something. he didn't understood what it was but sensed Hispar's foot on his side. He concluded he had been given new orders.

As he was going back, he felt the earth shake a first time then, as he was considering getting up since he kneeled at the first shock, a second tremor, stronger than the first.

He hoped that it wasn't one of the volcano then started running in the direction he had been given. After a few minutes, he passed a man in black armor standing in front of demons and yelled him to follow.

Akhtar didn't took time to see if the man had obeyed. He felt the foot again and took the direction it indicated. The path was going up, he was wondering where he was going when he saw one of the man the patrol brought in the bunker a few hours ago with the first survivor they met.

He quickly introduced himself then they were going again.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 09:30: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #235
Shirr-Uth was exhausted. He had killed other of the big demons and three others, but was still overpowered. His only meager chances of surviving would be running through the forest, trusting his heat-resistant armor, or to risk the river. Demons were grinning happily. They would soon get fresh meat. Suddenly ground shook, and Shirr-Uth almost lost his balance. "Oh hell" he thought looking up to the sky. It was turning blood red. The demons had also sensed the chance of athmosphere. Shirr-Uth saw someone running besides him. "Follow me!" the man cried and continued running. The demons were distracted by something, and Shirr-Uth realized he could escape. "Well, I suppose I won't be given another chance", Shirr-Uth thought and began running...

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #236
The demons were stirring again. As Vor looked through the crack in the rock that sheltered his hiding place, he could see a small party of lesser demons leaving the temple: a hunting party, perhaps? Or maybe rescue had finally come, maybe the demons were scouting against a large invading force?

Vor dropped down from the crack, sighing. Giving up hope was not an option, but it hardly helped to look for aid in every small movement. At least his hiding place was secure; he could last almost another month with the food he had. But food was not the foremost constraint on his remaining time.

Turning back to his desk, he tried to concentrate on his equations once again. The further he pursued them, the more complex they became, but a solution was at last in sight. He couldn't fall asleep just yet, or he'd never pick up this chain of thought again. Reaching for fresh parchment, he began to write.

-E-

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 11:09: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #237
Garath spoke a word of mild rebuke to a nearby imp, who rapidly disappeared with head bowed in shame.

Eferas harzarded a look around. They appeared to be alone.

"So you didn't get Sylvain, then."

The other man tensed in anger, and then relaxed.

"Yes, imps are so hideously incompetent, only really good as cannon fodder. I'm running out of them, now, and really, good riddance. But Sylvain will not escape me for long. I have my pet corpsman tracking him. It was easy enough to redefine for him the idea of differentiating demons from non-demons. My friends find human minds to be very mallable, especially when weakened by decades of military training aimed at making them follow orders."

Garath smiled thinly. Eferas considered this quietly.

"So Chadussid was right, after all. There was a traitor, and you were it. You were the reason why we kept getting attacked, the reason why I could never sense anything. I suppose you did the blood eagle, too."

Garath stood up, and turned his back to the mage. For a moment, Eferas considered casting a spell, but the overpowering sensation of demons all around them put paid to that idea.

"I did what I had to do."

"And what you did was evil."

Garath laughed. "Evil? What is good, and what is evil? People die all the time, and where are the onlookers to make rants about evil? Good and evil are decided by those in power. Power, then, is the only absolute."

"So you are just power-mad then. Was all that stuff about believing in magic just a lie then?"

"It wasn't always a lie. I now know of it as an instinctual way of controlling my ability. I didn't believe in magic, until the demon lord spoke to me, and offered something I couldn't refuse."

"What's that? Power?"

Garath trembled, his hands rubbing into each other. "No, my life. You do not refuse a lord of demonkind. But now things have changed, and I can see things in a clearer light."

He bent close, to whisper in Eferas' ear.

"I offer you now the path of power. Join with me."

"I will never aid a servant of demonkind, Garath. I will only destroy you."

Garath shook his head violently, and lowered his voice still further.

"Hear me on this. My path co-incides with that of the demons only for now. I do not intend to allow Him to accomplish His goal. I am not insane enough to wish servititude within Hell on Earth. I know he will betray me - it is in his nature, his essence. Aid me, and with the knowledge locked up in the temple, we can defeat the demon lord."

There was silence for a while. Then Eferas spoke.

"I don't believe you. If that was true, you would not be skulking around, trying to kidnap people. You would not be talking to me about power and strength. What would happen, if you defeated the Demon Lord? What happens when you control the portal?"

Garath paused, and then before Eferas could respond, spun around, smacking the mage with the palm of his hand.

"The Demon Lord has the Stone within his grasp, fool! Do you think your refusal to help me will matter, one bit? It is only a matter of days before He is ready to use it, and then no force can stop him!"

Eferas forced a smile onto his pained face.

"You told me, the minds of men are mallable. This is just another mind trick. I don't believe you at all."

"Then just wait there, fool. You will help me use Sylvain to open the sacred chambers of the temple. You will help me triumph. Whether you like it or not. Don't try to escape - you will only waste your energies. We will continue on to the temple in a few minutes."

With that, Garath rose and left the chamber. The door slammed behind him, and Eferas was left again in a damp, cold, blackness.

[ Monday, June 21, 2004 11:55: Message edited by: FZ ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #238
Rey was lost in a part of the forest that was ablaze. He could barely see through all the smoke, and he wasn't in good condition from all the heat and smoke around him. He tried to find his way around. "HELP! HELP! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!?" he shouted. No answer. Things seemed hopeless. "HELLO? HELP ME! I'M LOST! HELP! CAN ANYONE HEAR ME!?" He shouted as loud as he could. He saw something move ahead. Rey walked towards the shape hoping it was someone who could help him. "CAN ANYONE HEAR ME? HELP!" Rey shouted once more. He continued to approach the figure in the distance...

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"Did you know that the human is the only animal that preys upon itself?"
-The Squire of Gothos
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #239
OOC: Your character is approved, Omlette.

Sorry for the length of this post.

IC: It takes Daniel a good 15 minutes or so, but he finally succeeds in digging Oskoth out of the rubble. Despite the tons of dirt and rocks that were on him, he appears to be none worse for wear. However, Oskoth has drifted back into unconsciousness, and Daniel takes this time to check him out for any wounds or broken bones. After five minutes, all he can find are scratches, bruises, and minor cuts. Then he comes across Oskoth's leg.

"Uh oh, this isn't good. His leg is swollen up slightly. He must have cracked a bone. I need to get him to Selger quickly. But how can I do that?"

Almost as if on cue, Oskoth starts to stir. Daniel notices this and tries to wake him up. He succeeds in reviving him and the memory of the incident comes back to Oskoth slowly, but steadily.

"Thanks for saving my life. I owe you one."

"Don't mention it. I never leave a man behi... What is that?!"

"What? What do you see? My vision is still blurry."

"Remember when you said that this tunnel was made from an old cave system and there are most likely other caves around it that lie undiscovered?"

"Yeah. I remember..."

"Well, I think we just found one."

Despite the pain in his leg, Oskoth quickly gets up and looks at where Daniel is looking. Sure enough, he sees that the collapse of the wall has revealed an opening to a cave. Looking closer with a magical torch, they see something unusual.

"Oskoth, am I seeing things, or is that brick and mortar lying on the floor?"

"Your hunch is correct. It is brick and mortar. Apparently, this cave entrance was sealed. I wonder why. Shall we investigate it?"

"Sounds good to me. I like surprises."

After removing extra debris from the opening and entering, they find that they are in a complex cave system. The ceiling is ten feet above them, the walls at least 20 feet apart in any direction, and the cave itself branches off into several sub-caves. There is a pool of water in the center of the floor, with a small waterfall trickling down from above. Thoroughly awed, Daniel is the first to speak.

"Wow, quite beautiful. I wonder why it was bricked up."

"I find it rather eerie. Still, I'm willing to bet that our late settlers did not create our tunnel out there. They probably discovered it and just modified it to make it safer for themselves. Hello... What's this in the corner here?"

Oskoth tries to bend down to pick up some clay jars in a crevice in a corner, but his leg flares in pain and stops him.

"OW!!! Daniel, you will need to pick them up. I can't bend down to get them because of my leg."

Whilst Daniel gets them out of the crevice, Oskoth sits down on a throne like depression in the rock and tends to his leg.

"Well, there aren't many of them. I only found five. Here they are."

Oskoth looks them over and then shakes one.

"Oh, it appears there is something in them. Let's see what it is..."

Oskoth removes the mud plug from the top and, with the magic torchlight, peers inside. Reaching in, he pulls out a Vellum scroll.

"A scroll!!!"

He unravels it and looks at it. He then gets an annoyed look on his face and then carefully slips it back in the jar and replaces the plug.

"What's wrong? Is it too worn to read?"

"No, it's in a language I don't recognize. Perhaps Sylvain can decipher it for us. Or maybe that mage, Eferas. Hmmm. They may be nothing at all. But if they aren't, then why would whoever put them here go through all the trouble of concealing them. Well, we will find that out soon enough. We had better keep on moving. We can put the jars in my knapsack."

?It's out there in the tunnel, I'll go get it."

Daniel goes out and retrieves the knapsack. However, as he comes back in again, he spots something lying in a crevice in one of the walls.

"Hey, what's that thing?"

Oskoth looks to where he is pointing. Unable to make it out, he gets up, hands Daniel the jars, and then goes around the pool to the object and picks it up.

"Why, it's a wooden staff. Kind of an odd place to leave a staff. It seems to be undamaged, despite being in this damp environment. I'll use it for now to lean on." (Seeing something odd) "Hmmm. I wonder what this hole in the handle end is for. It looks almost as if something was once attached to it." (Looks around in the crevice.) "Well, whatever was attached to it isn't there anymore. Oh well, at least I have a walking stick now."

"Ok, the jars are packed away. I feel we have a long walk ahead of us. We better get going."

"I agree, but first..."

Oskoth gets down and casts a spell on the water. It glows a blue color for a few moments and returns back to normal.

"The water is safe to drink. I suggest that we rest for at least fifteen minutes and eat some of the rations I have in my knapsack. Oh, and just in case..."

Oskoth goes to the opening and casts a ward spell on it.

"I have placed a ward on that doorway. Do not try to go out unless I deactivate it first. Otherwise you will get a nasty surprise from it."

They both sit down and commence with their needed rest.

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #240
"Raymond, duck!"

The spearman looked back at Sadith in confusion. Watching the black dot get closer, Sadith launched himself at Ray.

"Hey, WHAT ARE YOU-"

Another explosion cut him off.

"Saving your life."

"Right, right. Where is he?"

Squinting, Sadith focused his gaze into the trees. "Heading the other way, for some reason. This is odd. He's almost completely grey, just like Chadussid, but where Chadussid had a white border, he's got a black center. What did you say his name was?"

"Hmm? I don't know. What are you talking about, black center? Now is not the time for poetry."

"No, no, it's my eyes, they - I'll explain later. He doesn't have Eferas."

"What?"

"When I first saw him, Eferas was shining like a beacon! I see no white around that man. Eferas is either somewhere else, or corrupted by the demonic influence. Either way, following the corpsman can only do us harm. We should get back to Ch-"

"Quiet!"

Sadith looked at Raymond questioningly. "What's-"

Raymond held up a finger. "Imp," he whispered, raising the spearthrower.

Sadith noticed the little beast coming from the trees. "Don't waste your spear," he whispered back. Raymond lowered the spearthrower but kept his muscles tense. For naught; as soon as the imp was within range, Sadith pounched, snapping its neck before it could react. It died with a pitiful little squeak.

"Good kill, S-"

This time it was Sadith who silenced Raymond. "Listen."

Both men kept perfectly still as they listened to the voice wafting through the trees.

"...hideously incompetant... cannon fodder... good riddance... Sylvian... pet corpsman... very malleable... following orders..."

"So Chaddussid was right -"

"Eferas!" Raymond exclaimed, eyes lighting up. He made as if to go towards the voice, but Sadith put out a hand to stop him.

"Stop," he hissed. "The dark traitor has Eferas, not the grey one. This imp must have been his. Who knows what else he has around him? Listen."

"...what you did was evil."

Both men flinched at Garath's harsh laughter. What could corrupt a man like that? Sadith thought. I thought no one could be tortured worse than I was. What did they do to him? Listening to Garath, Sadith couldn't help but pity him.

"Power, then, is the only absolute."

All pity washed out of Sadith's heart, and he noticed Raymond's set jaw twitching. So that was it. He had sold his soul to the devil. Whatever he gets, then, he deserves.

The voices dropped lower, and both men leaned in closer. They missed the first sentence. Then: "...never aid... demonkind, Garath. I will only... you."

They looked at each other, horrified. Only what? Help? It was understandable - even the greatest mages had soft spots, and Sadith had been ready to help Garath himself, if he had been asked. But then he had heard the reason for Garath's corruption, and now realized that a mage would have even more of a thirst for power than another man. He could see the white draining out of him now, dissappearing from the valley when it was most needed, drained by the dark energies of the demon lord and his tool, Garath...

"You told me, the minds of men are mallable. This is just another mind trick. I don't believe you at all."

The vision vanished, and Sadith smiled. So the white mage would fight to the last; cornered, abused, possibly surrounded by demons, he had rejected an offer of inconceivable power. And when he heard the threat and the slam of the door, his mind was already made up - he would save the mage or die trying. He waited half a minute to give Garath time to move outside of hearing range; then, grabbing Raymond's arm, he crept from the brush, moving rapidly towards the hatch above the tunnel.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #241
Vor stared at the paper. These numbers were right, they had to be, but the implications...he sighed. Three days of research and calculation, and he was too tired to make sense of his results. Maybe a little sleep was in order.

Rising, he went to the crack in the rock for a last peek, then set the eye in place. Turning, he stepped over to the sleeping mat in the corner, and was asleep almost before he'd touched the ground.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #242
"Where are we going?" Shirr-Uth shouted to Akhtar. "I don't know. It's Hispar. He seems to know some-..." Shirr-Uth didn't hear the rest of Akhtars response as the earth shook again. The sky had turned blood red. "What is going on?" he thought. "Has he found the stone already?"

"Hey! You're a sitting duck there! Come on!" Akhtar shouted. But Shirr-Uth was too tired. "I'll walk for while!" Shirr-Uth replied. "I'll catch you later!" But Akhtar had already got too far to hear him. "Dreamer... Dreamer... don't disappoint us..." whispered someone. "I won't" Shirr-Uth answered. "I'll just walk for a while..."

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #243
So Sadith and Raymond crept closer and closer to Garath's camp. Soon, they were within a hundred yards, eyes searching the trees carefully for hidden guards.

And then the forest came alive.

They had barely time to hide as silouettes shifted all around them. Huge forms, appeared, climbing up from the undergrowth. Things like horses, but dark and slavering shuddered in their reins as a host of hordlings loaded supplies. A small brigade of guardians bustled through the hatchway, and brought out the mage, squirming and shout, loading him onto one of the larger pack-animals. And then they were off.

Stealth did not appear to be a priority. The two humans were almost deafened by the noise as the demon beasts walked through the forest, over the trees. The pace was remarkable, a column of mass focused in forward intent. With Sadith and Raymond on foot, the demons quickly passed from sight.

But the trail of trashed and crushed trees were easy to follow, though it was hours before they caught up with the demons once again.

Meanwhile, Vor woke in shock from a nightmare. Then he heard the noise of the demons approaching the temple, watched the dark clumps pace relentlessly on.

A second group appeared from within the temple, small glints showing weapons drawn. A lone figure walked out from the newcomers, to be met by a representative from with in. For a while, they were motionless in debate, and then the figures returned. With a heavy sign, the new demons shifted and encamped.

There must have been a disagreement of some kind, about entry. Strange developments, indeed. One thing was clear to Vor. The time for action was approaching.

OOC: Sorry for borrowing so many PCs. Just had to get us to the temple.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #244
*sighs*

It seems my character has been forgotten. IMAGE(frown002.gif)

*leaves RP*

--------------------
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
-The Squire of Gothos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #245
The hordlings were rushing around in a confused daze, they weren't sure what to do now that two of the demons were dead. Half of them split off to go after the armoured warrior.

Seizing the oppotunity, Terril, keeping well away from the blazing forest, crept up behind the final demon, who was trying to bring some order to the imps. Thrusting Demonslayer up into the body of the foul fiend, it began to let out a cry and just died.

Not bothering to let himself be overrun by the sheer numbers, Terril started hacking and slashing into remaining creatures, killing five before they realised what was going on. Quickly beheading another, he parried an axe to his left and kicked out, sending the imp sprawling.

Quickly finishing off the remaining imps, he wiped his blades clean. He now had two options: to trave to the temple or south to Selger, and maybe on to that portal that Rey had mentioned.

I should probably go to the temple, or at least try to find the others. I don't think anyone has been this way. But that fire is becoming impenetrable. Selger and onwards it is...

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #246
Rey never mentioned a portal, and he never will. He's dead and forgotten.

--------------------
-The Squire of Gothos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #247
OOC: Actually it only seems like we forgot your character simply because you (if I get it right) joined a group of the adventurers without telling anyone who they were and so no-one included you as a memeber of their group. Now if you would like to say who you are with then we can all go on as if that has always been. If you want to kill your character for whatever reason, you might want to do it properly.

Also, it has been my thinking that Rey just might have explained what the heck was going on to Terril at some point. Or am I in extreme error?

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:41: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #248
Extreme error.

And everyone had plenty of time to take on the role of the figure Rey was headed towards, therefore rescuing Rey from the fire.

--------------------
-The Squire of Gothos
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #249
OOC: Fine, I'll give you an option. Sorry for breaking the one-post/day rule but...

IC: Terril was just about to start crossing the bridge when he heard someone yelling in the burning forest behind him. Hmm... it might be a trick to lure me in there. Taking the chance he strode into the blaze towards where he heard the voice.

The smoke was so thick that he almost tripped over Rey, who it would appear had collapsed. Dragging him out into the open, Terril checked Rey's breathing. Just, but not good...

Deciding that this wsa neither the time nor place to attend to him, Terril hauled him over his shoulders. He was heavy but he could just manage it. And so he started across the bridge.

OOC: Up to you Zephyr. You can die from smoke inhalation or go to Selger, where if we all survive, you can probably join Daniel and Oskoth if you wish.

EDIT: Yayeth! 250th post in this RP.

[ Tuesday, June 22, 2004 12:55: Message edited by: FatBatMonkey ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #250
When Rey woke up, he saw he was being carried. He coughed heavily. He saw Terril carrying him. "I'm awake now. I can walk on my own." Rey said. Terril put him down and Rey coughed a little. He then, along wiht Terril, walked towards Selger.

--------------------
-The Squire of Gothos
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #251
After the demons had passed, Vor stayed at the crack almost continuously. Now the demons had a human in their power, it was only a matter of time before they used the Stone of Thunder. Maybe days, depending on how intelligent the human was, but only a matter of time.

Thankfully, the first person appeared not an hour after the demons had entered the temple. Maybe they had been following their tracks, maybe not, but at last Vor had hope. Rushing to the secret entrance, he scrambled down the hillside, intercepting the approaching figure. As he closed on them, he recognised the typical gard of a warrior-priest of the Thunder God.

'Excuse me?'

The priest turned to face Vor, apparently somewhat surprised.

'Who are you? And what are you doing here?'

'Me? I'm Vor, the temple librarian. Listen, I have to tell you...'

'How have you hidden so close to the demons?'

'Oh, I have some illusion magic I used. Listen, this is important. The demons have got the Stone of Thunder.'

'How do you know? And why are you telling me?'

'Well, I've been watching them. Look, they want to use it to make the portal in the temple more powerful, so they can summon their lord here. If they do, we'll be dead in seconds. You have to steal the Stone first.'

The priest shook his head.

'I am not here to sneak and steal, I am here to cleanse the temple. What do you take me for?'

'What? But you'll never do it on your own! You haven't a hope. Look, steal the stone first. With it, you might just be able to take on the demons. As you are, well...'

'Why have you not stolen the stone, then?'

'Because they'd know it was missing, and then they'd search for it magically and find it before I could safeguard it. No, the only way is for you to take it.'

'But I cannot wield it; the Stone must only be wielded by the High Priest.'

'Nonsense. The ritual can be conducted by anyone. Provided they worship the right god, they're in. Look, I don't know what's holding you back. It's the only way we can possibly remove the demons from the temple.'

Here Vor sees he has struck a chord. The priest frowns, then nods acquiesance.

'If what you say is true, then I suppose your plan is best. But how am I to know you are not a demon?'

'If I were, you'd be surrounded by now. There's enough of them up there to kill you and probably a hundred others like you. I could still be tricking you, but it'd probably not be worth my while.'

As the priest finally stopped raising objections, the figure of Sadith appeared around a nearby bush.

'Sylvian? At least we've found you. Who is this you're talking to?'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #252
"Sadith! Praise Hiram, you're alive! Where are the others?"

Sadith shot a glance at Vor as Raymond came into the open. "There, and everywhere else in this goddamned valley, I suppose. I lost track. But who is he?"

"You don't remember Vor? No, maybe not - you were always at opposite end of the val-"

"Vor?" Sadith exclaimed, peering closer. "By the gods, it is! You look as if you haven't eaten a thing since I last saw you!"

"Roots, leaves, whatever I can get," Vor replied. "A harsh existance, but when the temple's under attack..."

"Speaking of which," Ray put in, hefting a spear, "where's Garath?"

"Who?"

"A filthy traitor," Sylvian spat, his eyes glowing with righteous zeal. "Sold his soul for demonic power. If I ever get the chance..." he fingered the mace at his belt. "He's probably in that camp right now, plotting the destruction of the temple -"

"No," Vor interjected. "He's already in the temple. In fact, he's the reason that you see that camp - otherwise, it would already be inside. Assuming that he's been made into some sort of leader, that is."

"Yes, he has," Sylvian replied suspiciously. "How do you know so much about him?"

"Sylvian..." the priest shifted his gaze to Sadith. "The man's as pure as he should be. I see no darkness in him. My eyes... well, the gods have made the best out of an otherwise loathsome situation. The demons... I was in torment... oh, the pain... God-"

"Snap out of it," Sylvian ordered. The shaking stopped, and Sadith smiled weakly.

"Thanks. Anyway, I trust Vor. And regardless of Garath's location and position, I'd say we should find and rescue the mage before it's too late. He's in that camp somewhere. Ideas, any of you?"

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #253
I'd pretty much like to know where Akhtar and Hispar are going...

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #254
As the group attempted to outrun the forest fire, Alex was bit by bit being left behind. He had regained some strength, but was still mostly drained from creating the Demonslayer. By the time he thought to call to the others to wait they were too far ahead to hear him. Despairing, he collapsed to the ground, breathing heavily, and rested.

A few minutes later he heard a rustling in the nearby brush. Knowing the group was far ahead, he realized it must be demons. He stumbled off into the woods for several minutes, but heard sounds of pursuit. Quaffing an energy elixer, and preparing a spell he turned to face his pursuers. Cackling, half a dozen imps charged him. Death Arrows quickly dispatched them and Alex gathered his strength to continue plodding wearily along.

To his dismay, he realized he had no idea in which direction Selger lay and had lost the trail the group had left. Remembering that some of the group were heading up to the temple, he scanned the mountaintops for it. Locating it, he set off.

------------------------------------------

Finally, Alex stumbled out of the brush to see the temple just ahead. Fortuanately, the few demons he had encountered were not more powerful than a few Kill spells and Ice Bolts couldn't handle. Pausing to catch his breath he hears voices.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 78% 44% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!

Pages