Troglodytes, the other dark meat

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Troglodytes, the other dark meat
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #25
The dragons were native, according to Motrax who details a meeting with the First Expedition.

Goblins are vermin. They probably snuck in some time or other, and couldn't get out.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Giants are native to Avernum, because they certainly weren't banished and they seem quite at home. Goblins are native to everywhere.

—Alorael, who believes Ogre Magi get their power from demonic pacts. They certainly summon enough demons.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #27
Cave Giants are native to Avernum - Hill Giants are extinct.

Dragons went to Avernum on their own.

Goblins are vermin, as we all know.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 2773
Profile #28
Poor goblins, who knows, if we stopped exterminating them and using them as slaves, they might grow into a fruitful civillisation.

I'm always lenient with the little ones.

Most likely the empire threw almost everything they could find down into avernum if they didn't kill it.

I find the idea of cave giants ironic.

--------------------
If we assume that at the start of the first game, Micah has been ruling for 20 odd years, and we take into account that he was atleast 30 by the time he took the throne. If we add a year for the events of the first game, then 5 years untill the second, a year for that game and the seven years untill the begginning of the third, then take a year to account for the last one...
Infiltrator
Member # 3776
Profile Homepage #29
Yeah,A stinkin dumb civilization.

--------------------
Some stupid laws

If it is mine,it is mine.
If I had it a second ago,it is mine
If it looks like it is mine it is mine.
If it is your's and you keep it down,it becomes mine.
If I like something,it is mine
If I see something,then it is mine.

Please click here
Do not visit this Page

Want to visit the misc.boards-This is the only WAY

-Stinging Munster
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #30
You'd think evolution would select for ability to squeeze through small caves in Avernum. It's more evidence for vahnatai creationism: strong, huge laborers would be a great asset to the physically frail vahnatai. Okay, I'm done pushing strange theories today.

The dragons fled to Avernum to escape the Empire's persecution. They came down long before the first humans, but all of them were born on the surface.

—Alorael, who can give a slightly altered version Schro's explanation for the goblins. The peach-colored goblins of A1 were spewed into Avernum by the Nethergate (play through Nethergate if you don't understand). High mutation rates and short generations quickly resulted in the extinction of the peach species and the rise of the reddish goblins that already existed on the surface.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages